Birthday Blowoff!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerChef17

Reaction score
Of course in the past 7 batches I've brewed I never had a blowoff until today. I guess it was my beers birthday present to me lol.

Anyways after discovering it after work I just sanitized the rim real quick along with a new lid that I popped on and some sanitized foil since I had to run to dinner. I don't really have much in the way of supplies for a blowoff tube tho. Will my auto-siphon tube suffice? or should the sanitized foil be sufficient?

By the time I found it the krausen was about a half inch below the rim and today is day 3 in the fermenter so I am thinking most of the fermentation has taken place.

thought?

I used my auto siphon tube for a blow off. Not sure if that was necessarily the right way to do it though.

Yea you should just put the airlock on there. no sense in putting a blowoff tube on it now. Its probably done spewing.

Did you use a starter this time? What type of beer was it?

Back