Starsan$$$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
what should I expect to pay at my LHBS for a 32 oz bottle? I see it has a wide range of prices on line.

depends how greedy your LHBS is. really the stuff last forever. once you make a batch you can keep it in a sealed container for weeks. just check the PH before each use. it should be below 3PH. your LHBS should have PH test strips that go that low.

I'd expect to pay somewhere around $17 give or take a few bucks.

That said. Usually I am of the mindset that I will pay a little more at my LHBS to help support them. Typically for grains, hops and yeast. Sometimes though, ordering from AHS, Brewmasters Warehouse, Northern Brewer etc just cant be beat for other items such as hardware and sanitizers.

For an LHBS, anything less than $20 is fine. MoreBeer.com has it for $15.50, figure another few bucks for shipping and tax and you're right at the $20 mark.

My LHBS sells the 8 oz bottle for $10 and 32 oz for $25. I picked up a 1 gallon bottle for $32 as part of bulk malt buy :)

Called em. 20 bucks for 32 oz. So I will pick up a bottle before my next batch.

I tend to swear by Midwest for most anything....at least, in two years, I haven't sworn AT them yet.:D

Seriously, if you're proposing bargaining at your local LHBS, I'm one of those unfortunates who has to deal on-line. If I had a good local LHBS, I'm one of those who would be willing to pay them a few more bucks for the convenience factor. My only local source of supplies is the corner of a big liquor store, and they treat the brewing / winemaking supplies like their red-headed stepchild. Won't go there except in an emergency.

Back