Carbonater Cap in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LHBS has them in stock most times. That doesn't help you, unfortunately. Contact Canadian Homebrew Supplies to see if he can get it. Alternatively, most online shops will use USPS if you call them or request it online. I've done that with Keg Connection and More Beer.

I ordered mine form Keg Connection (when I ordered a bunch of other things) because my LHBS was out of stock.

I made my own with a metal tire stem from auto shop. I connected a quick disconnect to one of my lines from my co2 tank and can switch back and forth from keg connects to a tire chuck.

I plan to make one of the tire chuck ones for gas delivery. In this particular case though I need it for liquids for cleaning my beer lines. I never have any free kegs I can use for cleaning solution or sanitizer. I remembered I think it was EdWort that used a cut off 2L pop/soda bottle with a carbonater cap to gravity feed cleaner through his shanks and beer lines.

I don't get to the store much (it's about an hour away from me) but the next time I go, I could buy one for you and mail it to you. Or, when I place an order, I can order one for you and drop it in the mail. If I send you an inexpensive gift, does that save you the trouble of the duties/taxes/shipping?

I use my garden sprayer to clean lines. I just remove the tail piece and insert the wand end into the hose its a very tight fit open the faucet and pull the trigger flush the lines. Do the same with Star San .

I don't get to the store much (it's about an hour away from me) but the next time I go, I could buy one for you and mail it to you. Or, when I place an order, I can order one for you and drop it in the mail. If I send you an inexpensive gift, does that save you the trouble of the duties/taxes/shipping?

Most online stores in the USA use UPS for shipping. UPS has a terrible reputation for exorbitant "brokerage" fees. I recently bought a load of stuff from MoreBeer and (against my better judgement) selected UPS. The product total was $82, shipping was $19, and then UPS charged $35 for bringing it across the border. It's ridiculous.

USPS does not do that.

Thanks for the offer Yooper. I may take you up on that after I try out a little homemade version. It occurred to me at lunch today that there's no reason I have to use a tire chuck, I could just use a barbed fitting since I'm not looking to hold pressure or anything.

Thanks for the offer Yooper. I may take you up on that after I try out a little homemade version. It occurred to me at lunch today that there's no reason I have to use a tire chuck, I could just use a barbed fitting since I'm not looking to hold pressure or anything.

Just let me know. I'd be glad to get one for you when I order or go to the LHBS (which isn't so local).

Back