north texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a "Ton" off Dallas folks around here. Yall most definitely have the making of one decent sized group if yall where to organize.

I'm in but no leader. I was the treasurer of a fishing club once. Pain.
Homebrew Headquarters in Richardson has a club.

I'm a little north of the Frisco area... I'm in!!!
(I am not leader material)

id also like to make sure alot of the younger guys are in it.. alot of those clubs are full of old schools.. which is great.. but if you dont have youngsters for the old timers to pass their knowledge to then its kinda wasted

I'm 25 does this count as a youngster (crossing his fingers)? I would love to get some knowledge form some seasoned vets.

So would the group consist of us all going to flying saucer on saturday, trying a few new styles of beers, see if we can match, then going to homebrew hq and "browsing" for hours :ban:

I'm 29 so I guess I'm old :drunk:

I'd be happy to host in my garage. All I gots is a propane burner for the time being. I can see a cooler conversion in my future though.

Well, I am 24 and would love to come to some group stuff. But, the reason I never go to any NTHB (of which I am a member) events is because I work nights and weekends, so I doubt I will ever be able to meet up with any fellow brewers in the area. Whenever ya'll want to meet up on a Sunday night or Monday I'm in.

FWIW, The North Texas Homebrewers Association based at Homebrew Headquarters is very active, won 2008 Homebrew Club of the Year, and are hosting the Bluebonnet Brewoff coming up. It is among the largest single site homebrew competitions in the world and is the opening competition in the Lonestar Circuit. There's also a N. Texas group here at HBT, but it is very inactive.

I live in Garland - and while I am 43 I would say I am far from OLD :D

I don't belong to any clubs, but do drink a lot of beer IN clubs. For the most part, I find clubs too fanatical about their beliefs, and I am not a fanatical type of guy. When I had my 2003 Ford Cobra, I joined the local SVTOA club and one guy actually chewed me out at a meet because I added aftermarket performance parts and like to race it at the Ennis 1/4 mile track. This same guy kept his Cobra in the garage inside an actual bubble to protect it from dust and such - he thought they should be preserved and looked at like fine art. I thought I bought a 550+ HP car to drive hard! Needless to say, I told them all to F off and never went to another meet. I did find some local guys though who were closer to my beliefs and were pretty darn cool.

I live in Garland - and while I am 43 I would say I am far from OLD :D

I don't belong to any clubs, but do drink a lot of beer IN clubs. For the most part, I find clubs too fanatical about their beliefs, and I am not a fanatical type of guy. When I had my 2003 Ford Cobra, I joined the local SVTOA club and one guy actually chewed me out at a meet because I added aftermarket performance parts and like to race it at the Ennis 1/4 mile track. This same guy kept his Cobra in the garage inside an actual bubble to protect it from dust and such - he thought they should be preserved and looked at like fine art. I thought I bought a 550+ HP car to drive hard! Needless to say, I told them all to F off and never went to another meet. I did find some local guys though who were closer to my beliefs and were pretty darn cool.

Dont worry, we wont chew you out for drinking beer or adding whatever the F you want to it :D Just make sure theres a beer in your hand an not a wine glass :mug:

I am in North Fort Worth, Haltom City. I like your idea. Seems like these things can be tough in DFW as no one wants to drive too far after enjoying their morning and afternoon commutes.

So ummmm I'm down three pints of Apfelwein and heading to lower greenville, time to represent Mob Barley:rockin:

I am about to go out too, just not sure where. We should all wear Bob Marley shirts whenever we go out so we can recognize eachother. Eventually, we could have all the homebrewers in N. Texas wearing the official Mob Barley gear.

Look for the guy with long blond hair and a Bob Marley shirt, that might be me (or some random hippie, but they're nice).

I'm part-time in Fort Worth, part-time in San Antonio. I'd like to check out a group sometime to learn more and to check out some AG and kegging setups. Or, I'm always up for Flying Saucer on a weekend.

id also like to make sure alot of the younger guys are in it.. alot of those clubs are full of old schools.. which is great.. but if you dont have youngsters for the old timers to pass their knowledge to then its kinda wasted

The Big Country Homebrewers Association (Abilene) has a few young people including myself (25). Its almost a good half and half. :rockin:

Ha! We're close enough that we may be cutting each other off during our "commutes".

I picked up a Cap and Hare card at Foremans one day. They were laying on a shelf with the supplies. Checked out their site but, that's all.

Dr Jeckyll's Beer Lab and Foremans are my go to brew supply shops. Extract brewer here for about a year.

Not much on clubs. Don't like dues cause I'm a cheap bastard. Too many rules is too many rules. Don't always have the time either. Work odd hours at times. Have other stuff to do. Too lazy. Too druk. :drunk: Which don't take much.

None the less, I'd meet up somewhere just for the hell of it.

Now if we did join an existing club, we all join the same one at the same time and take-it-the-fug-over! :rockin:

If we made our own, total anarchy. No charters. No rules. Maybe a manifesto; written on scrap paper while druk on home brew.

PS
<-- Not the leader.

EDIT
The guy who owns this den of beerepute- Texan.

Hey all NTW Mob Barley brewers... we all ought to get together in a giving NTX'ers garage or driveway and have an AG day. I am in the baby steps of getting into AG and would love to watch, look, stare at your equipment. PS March 7th I will be celebrating my 26th birthday at flying saucer :rockin:

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:00

NEW LOCATION
809 W. Vickery Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76104

Doors open at 6:30 with the meeting starting at 7:00

Remember to bring a tasting glass (and beer to share).

Masterbrewer entries must be submitted by 7:00

Brenden Stubblefield will present Yease & Yeast Starters
Category of the Month: Wheat Beers
Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen, Weizenbock

Back