1/2 Barrel Kegerator Help Needed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tman89

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on putting in a kegerator into an existing bar but I have never done this before and looking for some help. The end goal is to have a mini fridge under the bar with a tap that comes out of the bar for an easy fill up, the biggest problem is finding a fridge that will fit the space and be big enough to fit a 1/2 barrel. The idea is to have easily accessible beer during parties but something I can lock up and don't have to worry about anyone messing with it during a party.

My "space" to work with under the bar is height = 31 inches, a depth of 30 inches, and a width of 20 inches but adjustments can be made to make it wider but not to the depth or height. There is room to have the CO2 outside of the kegerator.

Does anyone know any good mini fridges that can fit 1/2 barrels and fit in this space? Also, how would someone go about safely having the CO2 outside the kegerator and attached to the kegerator.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

I can't help you with the fridge to buy, but having the CO2 tank outside should not be an issue. You will just need to find a safe spot to drill a hole for the tubing. Some kegerators are set up this way (in fact, I bought one off Craigslist over the weekend).

Latest posts

Back