first batch just bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawbrewing

Reaction score
came out to 52 12oz bottles. wasn't too bad. SWMBO helped me out. now just hope conditioning will help even out the flavor, and i'll end up with a good beer. hopefully i'll be able to RDWHAHB in about a month! here's a pic of the finished product. woo hoo! :ban: :ban:

[URL=http://imageshack.us] [/URL]

bitteral said:
Nice picture.

How did you make the labels? They look great.

thanks! i just used some "gummed" plain paper, i created the image in photoshop, then printed them out on the beer label gummed paper using my inkjet printer, then i figured out that the ink bled badly when they got wet, due to the inkjet printer, so i bought some cheap clear coat spray paint, and sprayed the labels with it for a couple coats, waited for them to dry, cut them out, dunked them in water (to get the "gummed" side wet, and aplied them to the bottles.

yeah. it was a lot of work. but it was my first brew, and i'm prouder than a new daddy, and it was cheap, and actually pretty fun and satisfying.

brian

Labels look great. The hard part now is waiting. I have 150 bottles in my closet that are just begging to get drank but I've always cheated before and never let them age fully. Give it a good solid 3 weeks in the bottle (of course weekly scientific samplings are required) and you will be thankfull you did.

gonzoflick said:
Labels look great. The hard part now is waiting. I have 150 bottles in my closet that are just begging to get drank but I've always cheated before and never let them age fully. Give it a good solid 3 weeks in the bottle (of course weekly scientific samplings are required) and you will be thankfull you did.

yeah. it's pretty easy to wait for now, because the beer doesn't taste very good. kinda watered down, weak tasting. i'm hoping it will get better as time goes by.

brian

The labels are awesome. I don't make labels because I don't like to scrub commercial labels off of bottles when I reuse them so I know I won't want like delabeling my own labels. I am thinking of designing labels for each of my brews though and saving one bottle of each (With labels) as sort of a keepsake and not using labels for the rest of the batch.

love the labels and congrats. i am only a few months into it myself and they sure beat my "international beer code on the cap' method i've been using. might make some of my friends feel better if i put a label on

Latest posts

Back