Virginia Tech Keezer Build w/ Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHomeBrew

Reaction score
This is my keezer that I designed and built about 6 months ago. It is a Virginia Tech themed Keezer..GO HOKIES....

I forgot to take a picture of it before I primed it, but it was rusted, banged up, and had a few dents...although it worked fine. I got it for $90 off craigslist. It has the capacity to hold 6 corny kegs along with a 20lb CO2 tank and a 15lb Nitogen/Beer gas tank all inside the freezer. Cheers.

Below is a picture of the freezer after I sanded it down and primed it with white primer.

IMG_1700.jpg

Below, decals made and being placed on keezer.

IMG_1708.jpg

Below, decals covered and painting started.

IMG_1710.jpg

Below, side view.

IMG_1715.jpg

Below, completely covered in spray paint -- Rustoleum Glossy Finish.

IMG_1718.jpg

Below, finished paint job.

IMG_1729.jpg

Below. Final product! With two beer towers and drip try installed. 6 tap system with far right tap a nitro tap.

IMG_1750.jpg

Below. Close up of final product. 6 tap system with far right tap a nitro tap! Everything (C02, kegs, lines, Nitrogen Tank, etc.) is enclosed in the keezer. Nothing on the exterior.

IMG_1751.jpg

Hope you all enjoy. GO HOKIES.

Cheers,
Ben

Does anyone know some good cleaner that won't hurt the paint? The paint on the top seems to be wearing thin after some cleaning. I need something that can get the beer gunk off and leave it nice and glossy looking? Any suggestions?

Were you at the VT/Boise State season opener last year? I made the trip from Boise. Good time.

It was unfortunate. I'm pretty freaking stoked for football season, and your keezer has amplified that.

Nice work. Very nice classic Hokies look.

I'm sad to say my North Carolina keezer died a premature death (compressor went out). I've yet to paint the new one with the same scheme, but here it was before its death:

2283371990064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

Nice...thats what I'm afraid of....after all that paint work I'm afraid of it dying..is there no way to get a new compressor installed to avoid re-doing that entire paint job? Looks nice though!

What I found was that the repairs would cost $150-200 which was more than I was willing to spend. I found another used freezer for $50 and decided I would wait a little while to make sure it worked before putting all the work into painting it again. I haven't read of many people having this problem though, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Back