Bert Grant's Perfect Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMalty

Reaction score
ok, so Bert Grant passed away a few years ago, a real shame, he was an amazing person and a real asset to the brewing community. his brewery and recipes were sold to Yakima brewing co, i think.

Anyway, his porter was amazing. I lived on it and flying dog in college. But whenever i talk to anyone about it, they have never heard of it and don't seem to know who bert grant is/was. How can this be???? First of all, the man was a legend. Second of all, the beer was amazing, it was, as described in it's title, simply the "perfect" porter. that was 7 or 8 yrs ago, so the landscape has changed a lot since then, but this beer should never have been ignored.

Anyone have any opinions, thoughts, memories of this wonderful brew? Please post if you do. I would love the nostalgia. the beer and the man went before their time.

There weren't too many Grant's beers that didn't regularly flow through my fridge!

The RIS, Scottish and IPA were my fav's!

Bert was a great man, I was I was as hard core into beer back then as I was now. I certainly had most of his beers and was certainly a fan of his perfect porter. Check out my recipe listed above, that's how much I like it :D

Back