How bad did I oxidize my wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pherball

Reaction score
So, I was running off the wort into the boil kettle, and after a while i noticed tons of air bubbles in the line running from the tun to the kettle. I took me until the second run until i realized the problem. The barb fitting connecting into the ball valve on my cooler was too loose and was allowing air into the line--I have never had this happen. So how bad did I oxidize my wort? I went through a full run and half of my second run (I batch sparge) before correcting the problem.

You think that's something to worry about? I had siphon issues after dryhopping for two weeks and just said **** it and poured the beer from bucket to bottling bucket. Stupid siphon! Beer is fine by the way!

I love reading posts like this, because every time I do something like this wonder if I'm the only one doing stupid $hit. I ordered a new bottling bucket and didn't spring for the 6 dollar bottle filler that fits, and didn't have a piece of tubing that fit so I just filled them from the spigot. Beer tuened out wonderful

I love reading posts like this, because every time I do something like this wonder if I'm the only one doing stupid $hit. I ordered a new bottling bucket and didn't spring for the 6 dollar bottle filler that fits, and didn't have a piece of tubing that fit so I just filled them from the spigot. Beer tuened out wonderful

I can't count the number of bottles I have filled from the spigot! The only downside to filling that way, is I tend to overfill quite often. Never made the beer bad though!

:mug:

Latest posts

Back