Laptop Coolers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy White

Reaction score
My laptop gets ridiculously hot...was looking in to getting a cooler....Anyone have one that works really well? Anyone know which ones to stay away from?

Thanks,
Slappy

I have the targus it works ok. 6 months and going. it will be too small for a 17" to fit nicely on but they will balance on it. I usually just use it on a table now free and no cooked marbles.

Mine gets moved around a lot, so that could be why my targus models never lasted very long. The power cable would break down or the fans would quit. They just seemed pretty fragile to me.

I had the Targus also. And it lasted about 4-5 months until the power cord broke. Now I just elevate the laptop by puting some books on both sides and the fan in the comp. will keep it cool enogh.

That belkin fan pad should work for you. It just has one fan, right in the center but it keeps mine nice and cool. I can always tell when I've accidentally knocked the cord out of the USB slot because it heats right up.

I have a vantek Lapcool4 that folds up and travels with me.

It's kept my 15" cool while doing rendering/photo editing/gaming for 3 years, and it still rocks.

It also has a 4 port USB hub.

B

Back