Bulk Extract vs Small Cans of it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messi

Reaction score
hey all-

I was wondering about the quality of austin hombrew supply's bulk malt extract vs. my local brew store's "namebrand" canned extract... which is much more expensive (almost 3x as much) . Anyone ever order in bulk before?

Any and all suggestions would be great.

I used to order LME from AHS all the time. It's really good- they must have a big turnover. I'd pick the LME from them before I'd buy a can that might have been sitting around a long tme.

The only reason I don't order LME from them anymore is I'm doing all-grain, and I order DME for my starters. I recommend them, though.

Lorena

I only buy LME in bulk jugs....33 pounds of Munton's at Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo is always $40.

I've gone thru three of them.....Just keep them cool, there seems to be no problem in freshness. They have a best before date right on the label, and it's a year from manufacture date.

Back