Cooler - good idea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying this cooler for cooling my corny in the desert:

http://www.target.com/IGLOO-10-gal-Seat-Top-Cooler-Dispenser/dp/B000F6SHTK/qid=1192481762/ref=br_1_3/601-6733390-4846513?ie=UTF8&node=1042168&frombrowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&rank=pmrank&rh=p%5F3%3A%2425-%2449&page=1

ya know, just filling it with ice and it even has a cup dispenser! :D

I was wondering if this cooler could later be used as a mash tun? Is there a specific type of brand, insulation, etc. that i need?

i was going to make a jockey box for the desert, but i just don't have the time :(

DeathBrewer said:
I was thinking of buying this cooler for cooling my corny in the desert:

http://www.target.com/IGLOO-10-gal-Seat-Top-Cooler-Dispenser/dp/B000F6SHTK/qid=1192481762/ref=br_1_3/601-6733390-4846513?ie=UTF8&node=1042168&frombrowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&rank=pmrank&rh=p%5F3%3A%2425-%2449&page=1

ya know, just filling it with ice and it even has a cup dispenser! :D

I was wondering if this cooler could later be used as a mash tun? Is there a specific type of brand, insulation, etc. that i need?

i was going to make a jockey box for the desert, but i just don't have the time :(

That's the one I use for my Mash Tun.
Where exactly are the Deserts of the Bay Area?

Those drink coolers have a lot more insulation than standard cooler for holding cans of soda.

After all...they cater to the road crews out on 120 degree highways sweating their @ss's off.

It will do good if you can drape a white towel or something over it to keep the sun off the ice and black top of the keg.

SWEET! We're going to the Mojave...i think we actually camp on the Nevada side.

Keeping the sun off it shouldn't be a problem, we always have plenty of EZ-ups.

cool...i'm gonna try to find one tonight, or order if they don't have them at the store.

THX!~

:rockin:

i'm going to target and then home depot, although i don't see any coolers on the HD website. If they don't have anything in the store, I'll just order it online tonight (the one I linked to is only available online anyway.)

We're taking three kegs to the desert this year. I think our keg tub (those red guys with handles) will work for the other two beers. I can't wait to try my dunkelweizen!!!!!

home depot FTW!

they'll be near the lumber section, with crap like marking flags and other misc 'job site' stuff.

one home depot here carries them (the rubbermaid Victory 10gal that is) and the other home depot doesn't even have a spot on the shelf for em...just the 5gal ones.

Latest posts

Back