What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 gallon kettle and adjustable face thermometer (both from Adventures in Homebrewing). Now I need a new bag from #wilserbrewer. Any discounts for repeat customers :)?

IMAG0816_zps6bffce95.jpg

Brew day is tomorrow! Looks like I have to try that Atrial Rubicite now too haha

I initially thought of just doing an unblended straight lambic with the Bug County, but now i'm thinking I'd prefer the AR clone (maybe half with raspberries and the other half with rhubarb) over a straight lambic. Especially since someone's gone through the trouble to get the recipe from JK! :D Good luck tomorrow!

I got carboy covers for all eight of my Better Bottle fermenters. I (and SWMBO) were getting tired of using up so many towels to wrap around the carboys to keep the light out.

These things are awesome!

01-CARBOY-COVER-MAIN-DETAILED.jpg

(not my picture)

Nice, where did you get those?!

Got this in the mail on Friday

And put it to use Sunday. Using a frozen 2 liter soda bottle that has been completely melting in about a day so I'll just replace it daily. The water is still cold enough where it would still maintain 62 but having the ice in there is reassurance. It took, give or take, a half an hour to cool it down from 70 to 62.

One thing I did notice is the lid on mine isn't securing totally so I folded up pieces of paper and put under the clips to get a better seal. I have an email into SS Brew Tech to see if there is a fix or if I have a defective lid.

Medals for second place porter and third place helles in the Dixie Cup. Didn't even know I'd placed until earlier on today when my fiancee checked the Dixie Cup webpage.

And put it to use Sunday. Using a frozen 2 liter soda bottle that has been completely melting in about a day so I'll just replace it daily. The water is still cold enough where it would still maintain 62 but having the ice in there is reassurance. It took, give or take, a half an hour to cool it down from 70 to 62.

One thing I did notice is the lid on mine isn't securing totally so I folded up pieces of paper and put under the clips to get a better seal. I have an email into SS Brew Tech to see if there is a fix or if I have a defective lid.

Jealous. its a thing of beauty.

Got me my yeastir stir plate today. Can't wait make my first starter on it.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415675368.314531.jpg

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

Hey, I got one of those today too. Much more stable base than my first stir plate.

Brew on :mug:

Hey have you tried using a 1 inch stir bar with it? Because it throws mine off. I did motice my flask is somewhat rounded. Also have you tried loading up anything bigger than 2l?

I hate you...

Two 3 Gallon Better Bottles. Thinking about starting up some 1- 2.5 gallon batches, maybe BIAB or partial mash, when I don't feel like dragging the rig out and want to just brew in the kitchen.

Hey have you tried using a 1 inch stir bar with it? Because it throws mine off. I did motice my flask is somewhat rounded. Also have you tried loading up anything bigger than 2l?

Mine works fine with a 1 inch bar without a center ridge. I only have a 2L Erlenmeyer, so haven't tried with larger, although the base is certainly large enough to hold a larger flask.

Mine works fine with a 1 inch bar without a center ridge. I only have a 2L Erlenmeyer, so haven't tried with larger, although the base is certainly large enough to hold a larger flask.

Hmm that's weird because mine keeps getting thrown off center maybe my counter isint completely with level. I did notice that the top of the stir plate is not completely flat there is a slight roundness to it.

A free six inch samsung tablet from opening a new bank account

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got these two fastfermentors...
Not quite as nice as my stainless one in the fridge, but can't beat the price

image.jpg

The best batch of swag I've ever received from a homebrew competition. The best item you can't even really see, but there's a 5 POUND bag of Apollo hops in there - whee! :rockin:

Nice! what comp was that, and how did you place?

Just arrived from UPS about 20 mins ago, taking the brew game to the next level! Wort chiller, barley crusher and a refractometer. :rockin:

- That garage wall next year is going to be covered by 3 second year Coloumbus and and 3 second year Nugget. Can't wait for some production! Onto big things.

image.jpg

Those are some really safe fermenters! No way I'd face that bear just to check a gravity reading...

I got these two fastfermentors...
Not quite as nice as my stainless one in the fridge, but can't beat the price

Diggin the SIG sticker :). Goin bear hunting with a SIG? haha

Back on topic...

Got me a new ball valve, tube screen, and barb for my new mash tun.

Oh and a few other necessary supplies (bottle caps, priming sugar, etc)

Back