krausen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyspalding

Reaction score
Still don't know alot about beers but I just did my second batch ever last night. I woke up and the airlock is bubbling (yes I know airlock is not an indicator of fermentation). It is a baltic porter, og is 1.062, I don't know when Krausen happens or if it will, and I know every batch has its own personality, and just relax and let it do its thing but is there a point I should be concerned that this batch does not start some crazy fermentation, creating krausen?? I feel that with a high alcohol content beer it should go crazy now... And if it matters I did add about a quarter cup of buckwheat honey and 2/3 cups of blackstrap molasses. Thanks for your help.

Relax. Don't Worry. Have a homebrew. (or at least some kind of brew)

Everything sounds like it is fine. You'll get krausen. You're less than 24 hours into this fermentation. Give it time.

:mug:

i've had different amounts of krausen every time. From 1/2" to "thar she blows!". "die,die,die,damn ye blasted krausen"....??...,?...?...oh,sorry,got carried away from last time. That blow off had krausen coming up the tube with so much co2,that it sounded like a bbq fart in a bathtub. Just smelled better. Airlock sniffers,unite!:rockin:

Latest posts

Back