No CO2 Bubbles in Beer...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgoldb1

Reaction score
I'm new to kegging and I've noticed that my beer has a lot of head on top after I pour from my picnic tap but no CO2 bubbles in the actual beer. I've had my IPA at about 14PSI for roughly two weeks. The fridge is set at 42*F. Does anyone know what would cause this?

What diameter is your beer line? Generally, 3/16" ID and about 6' of length, though it varies slightly. There are carbonation tables that will help you with temp and pressure, too.

I've noticed that longer beer line allows for more resistance and thus you have less CO2 escaping rapidly (i.e. head/foam) and more staying in solution and naturally being released (i.e. the bubbles you speak of.)

Also, try turning the gas down to a lower serving pressure like 8-10 PSI

try 30 psi for 2 days then reset. did you check for leaks? maybe its enough leak where it wont carbonate the beer? but not big enough where it will dispense.. take some starsan and water mix correctly and check all connections test the PRV also...

With my picnic taps, I found that the beers I serve at a higher psi require me to quickly open my tap up fully. If I partially open the tap, I get a lot of turbulence, excessive foam and flatter beer.
It might be as simple as your pouring technique

With my picnic taps, I found that the beers I serve at a higher psi require me to quickly open my tap up fully. If I partially open the tap, I get a lot of turbulence, excessive foam and flatter beer.
It might be as simple as your pouring technique

+1000000!!!!

I knew I was forgetting something I wanted to add. Well done, sir. You win 2500 internets!!

Latest posts

Back