What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydrating with a HB coffee stout after spending two hours shoveling my 240-yard driveway. I'm dead. And so is my snowblower.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391465698.968237.jpg

Coffee and water. The lab is freaking cold this morning. Which sucks. Probably going to keg my Mild tonight. Need to check the other goodies i have and plan my next few brews.

There are a few Pro-Ams at local breweries one is scotish/irish ale and the other is rather open as an indigenous ale (local). For that one I was thinking an Jalapeno/Cucumber Saison like my mead but you think they will pick that or pass it because of the ingredients or Another im thinking is Pecan Pie stout/porter. Any opinion?

I don't think you want my opinion. ;)

Water. Just finished spending 2 1/2 hours shoveling the heaviest snow I've ever encountered. Will have to go out again to keep on top of it - and I see they've upped our totals to 8+" #CrappyMonday

We are getting 5-12 inches tonight and tomorrow. Hoping for no work tomorrow! :mug:

Thankfully, we're back to normal weather here, which could mean some freezing rain by the weekend.

I'm not going for heat in this just the sweet pepper. Like my mead. I'm sure people will have. It should stick out (hopefully) and hope they will enjoy it but like Brewhooligan said people are very picky but there are 2 jalapeno brews in texas alone right now (that i know)

and it'll only be a one off too. I wonder if i should roast or use fresh jalapenos. I'm planning brewing it next weekend.

From a comp standpoint, be careful with green pepper flavor in the beer. Green pepper is pretty much always considered an off flavor.

First Zombie Dust ever and I am not disappointed. It actually smells and tastes quite similar to my Citralicious DIPA, but somehow they managed to avoid the bad bitterness Citra is known for when used as a bittering hop. Thanks to LJ (Beer Forum) for hooking me up with this.

20140203_175500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Nugget nectar while building a snowman. With my son of course.

Sent by yelling very loudly

Isn't he a little young for Nugget Nectar? I think those 7oz High Lifes are supposed to be for kids.

Having a HB cream ale. No pic due to shameful amount of chill haze.

Carb check on my pumpkin buffalo sweat. Nothing yet, only 11 days in bottle though. This one might be sitting for awhile to even out but not bad at this point.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391469818.266887.jpg

Isn't he a little young for Nugget Nectar? I think those 7oz High Lifes are supposed to be for kids.

Having a HB cream ale. No pic due to shameful amount of chill haze.

He's Irish, really he should be on whiskey by now, he's almost two...

Sent by yelling very loudly

I don't think you want my opinion. ;)

From a comp standpoint, be careful with green pepper flavor in the beer. Green pepper is pretty much always considered an off flavor.

Nope. Already know your opinion. Lol

I was thinking of roasting them too. The Mead turned out so well. It'll be mostly cucumber. I think that'll cut back the green pepper a little

sent from the aftermath of the most boring Superbowl and commercials

Sample check on my Hefe Weizen. I popped a Weihenstephaner recently and did NOT like it, but my batch is good! I taste similarities, but what I didn't like in the commercial beer...tastes good in mine. I don't understand it. But, there ya go.

IMAG2549.jpg

A free red hook out of your gourd. Given to me because my neighbor hated it. It's barely okay.
Rough day, whatever.

Gravity sample of my Weizenbock. Got the Weizen part down (nice dose of wheat and banana and clove), but the Bock part is lacking. Definitely a malty beer, but it doesn't have the rich dark malt character I was hoping for (especially with all that work with the decoctions). Certainly tasty, but needs some tweaking. However, it's also still very young, so I'm probably judging prematurely.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391476247.482273.jpg
I'm drinking tonight in honor of a fallen friend. Taken from this world before he could even reach his prime. Oh, the good times we could've shared! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391476361.889175.jpg
At least the rest arrived safely and I'm excited to have all these.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391476421.494236.jpg

God am I bummed about that. Sorry my friend.

No worries man. It's the chance we all take when shipping beer. I'm stoked to have a Seviin and a Darkness now. I've wanted a darkness for a long time and never thought I'd have one. Thanks for making that happen!

Local brewery high cotton gravy stout

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Home Brew mobile app

Gonna punish this 750 will attempting to eat this rather large pummelo fruit. View attachment 177013

There's not that much in there once you start tearing into it. The pomelo that is. Keeps in the fridge pretty well for a few days, too. Polishing off bottle of cream ale. Getting ready to take some samples and plan blending for tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back