goose island bourbon county brand stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillBeer247

Reaction score
why does this beer have so much hype and raves? to me, the bourbon dominates it to much, its more like drinking a strong mixed drink than a beer.

and the price, $21.99+ for 4pack i guess is cheap for a bourbon barrel beer but is expensive compared to a lot of other craft stouts or ipas

It's basically 2 750MLs for $21.99 OR $5.50 per 12oz. It's actually a great deal for a Craft Bourbon Barrel Stout. It's also one of the most popular aging beers as the bottle indicates that it is cellarable for 5 years. Personally, I enjoy this beer the most with 2 years on it. I've had it with 5 years and it's good but not as great as 2. Fresh is meh in my book.

Maybe save the other 3 and in 2014, open another and see?

why does this beer have so much hype and raves? to me, the bourbon dominates it to much, its more like drinking a strong mixed drink than a beer.

and the price, $21.99+ for 4pack i guess is cheap for a bourbon barrel beer but is expensive compared to a lot of other craft stouts or ipas

You're lucky it's $21.99 for a 4pk by you. I paid $27.99 without tax and deposit.

Latest posts

Back