best thing she could say

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregZuk

Reaction score
So I am getting married in two weeks. My fiance and I decided to brew beer for the reception. She has never been involved in the brewing process before, just the drinking part. We decide it would be fin to do.a few batches together, a wit beer, an imperial stout, and an oktoberfest. While bottling the last of the ten cases last night she pauses while filling a bottle and says to me "you know at the next house you should make an entire room just for brewing beer" after that there is no doubt she is the woman for me.

Nice!
I had kinda the opposite. SWMBO doesn't like beer (yet!), so when we were house hunting we had to find a house with a spare room somewhere so my "beer stuff wasn't all over the house".

That is very cool! My fiancée has committed to brew her own batch which is so sexy. Better piece is not only does she promote me having a brew space, she would love for me to have a brewshed...

Sounds like a winner!

When I got married back in '94, my wife was not sure about homebrewing. A year an a half before the wedding, I made 10 gallons (48 bottles) of homemade sparkling wine for the reception - 1 bottle per table. This went over too well sinceI'm still getting questions from the people who were at the reception if I can make sparkling wine for them.

My wife has never given me any questions or gruff concerning my homebrewing in almost 20 years!

Congrats!

I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but the best swmbo is one who accepts and supports your brew habit but doesn't drink beer. My wife likes my beer and tastes it when I ask her to, but she only drinks hard liquor. Oh yeah, more for me.

Congrats on the wedding though.

my wife doesn't drink, and after 13 years, she finally stopped asking "are you finished cooking yet?" she calls brewing "cooking"...

Supportive women are tough to find. Congrats on finding one who would put up with you and your brewing. I'm lucky enough to have one too. She even pretends to listen about my ramblings of new brew techniques or ingridients.

I was just saying last night that it's nice to have a spouse to support your obsession, er, hobby.

I do all the brewing, but only drink half the beer.

As an example, the other night I was pouring one last beer. I chose a bottle, an IIPA for the end of the night. I said "Do you want another beer, or half of mine?".

The answer, "No. I've had enough. Thanks".

Me: "Ok. I'm going to open this Lake Erie Monster"

Him: "I want my half!!!!!!!!!" :p

He LOVES my homebrew, and talks about recipes with me and is a great judge. He also helps haul heavy things around, like two carboys yesterday. There is no way I'd have the system I have without his support.

>.I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but the best swmbo is one who accepts and supports your brew habit but doesn't drink beer. My wife likes my beer and tastes it when I ask her to, but she only drinks hard liquor. Oh yeah, more for me.

I disagree. My wife likes my beer more than I do. So this allows me to get rid of it faster and brew more often :)

Congrats!!! My fiancee is very supportive and has even begun to like something other than BMC because of this hobby. She was talking aawhile back about getting a brew shed and asked me last night to try to come up with a unique kegorator design to put in the house. I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Man I'm jealous... My wife isn't very supportive, even after being the one to start me brewing with a Mr Beer kit that quickly expanded to all grain, 5 gallon batches and enough equipment to cover a wall in the garage. She isn't a huge beer drinker though. I do have a batch of mango wine in the works in hopes that I can keep her happy with the hobby as well.

>.I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but the best swmbo is one who accepts and supports your brew habit but doesn't drink beer. My wife likes my beer and tastes it when I ask her to, but she only drinks hard liquor. Oh yeah, more for me.

I disagree. My wife likes my beer more than I do. So this allows me to get rid of it faster and brew more often :)
my sentiments exactly

GregZ...It's a beautiful thang, when the light of your life wants you to share with her and enjoy, the great obsession of brewing beer. It's great that she's allowing you to have one room in the house, too. That way, after she loads the rest of the house up with trinkets, scented candles, potpourri and useless junk from Bed, Bath and Beyond, that she used your credit card to buy. You'll have one room to go into, to bang your head against the wall and cry... Just Kidding...

Congrats and I hope you stay together forever, brewing many gallons of beer.

Mate they all start off like that, when I got married I thought she was Miss Right it was only later I found out she was Mrs Always fvcking right, when you get engaged she will have just 3 things on her mind "Aisle, Alter, Hymn" (I'll alter him) My wife only has sex with me for a purpose, this morning it was to time an egg!
Anyhow cobber good luck

Back