Suggestions for reuse of Belgian Wheat Wyeast 3942?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManyBrews

Reaction score
I made a Saison using 3942...midwest lawnmower saison kit. My first Belgian and second beer! I'd like to reuse the yeast but am unsure what recipe to use and what would work with this yeast. I'd like something different in taste from the Saison just for variety. I've been thinking about doing a brew with lots of honey, I have several 3# bags of light dme and cooper's sparkling and real ale prehopped cans, also close by lhbs. THANKS!!!!!!!!

The Saison recipe:

3.3 lb. Pilsen liquid malt extract, 3.3 lb. Wheat liquid malt extract, 1 lb. Clear Candi Sugar, 8 oz. Cara-20, 8 oz. Unmalted Wheat specialty grains, 1 oz. US Saaz and 2 oz. U.S. Goldings hops, 1/4 tsp. Grains of Paradise, 1 oz. bitter orange peel, 1/2 oz. whole coriander

I don't know, that is one of those yeasts that makes up a large portion of the beer's flavor. You may be hard pressed to find something very different in style. I would recommend washing and saving the yeast for a brew next summer

Back