Want to make my spare fridge a beer draft fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I already have 4 kegs, the CO2 routed to each keg, beer-disbursing lines running off each keg, and the the fridge to hold it all. What else do I need to make it so that I can serve this stuff from the face of the fridge without opening it?

Faucets, Handles? How much am I looking at for installing 4 faucets?

If you have everything but the faucets, there is not much to do. You'll need the faucets, shanks, and end nipple. You can buy the whole shebang here, or piece them together individually. Check E-bay and craigs-list as well.

I just did what you are doing recently, it was pretty simple to do.

I removed the shelves from the inside of the door first. The shanks were a bit long to fit all the way through the insulation so I cut out the existing insulation in a section, installed a 1/4" backing board and put some new insulation in. I'll post some pics if you need them.

Yeah, post the pics if you don't mind-- I'd like to see the finished product!

The only thing I'm somewhat hesitant on is installing this stuff on this particular fridge. I'd imagine I'll end up wanting to do it to a nicer looking fridge the future...and drilling 4 holes into this thing will pretty much render it useless for future brewing ventures...right?

I'd imagine I'll end up wanting to do it to a nicer looking fridge the future...and drilling 4 holes into this thing will pretty much render it useless for future brewing ventures...right?

Nah, it won't be pretty, but you can still put insulation over the holes, and still use it as a refrigerator.

Back