"Prestige" Cheapo wine kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unferth

Reaction score
So, a good friend of mine got me a cheapo wine kit (Prestige Chianti--$45), because he knew I made wine and I guess it was on sale or something.

I normally would buy this,I've tried another cheapo kit (can't remember the brand) and was very displeased with the results.

but, hey, free is free, you know?

Any tried and true tricks to make this a better wine? There is very little juice, less than 2 gallons must to make a 6 gallon recipe. it comes with some powdered oak and, of course, Lalvin EC1118.

I'll take any and all suggestions

Unferth said:
So, a good friend of mine got me a cheapo wine kit (Prestige Chianti--$45), because he knew I made wine and I guess it was on sale or something.

I normally would buy this,I've tried another cheapo kit (can't remember the brand) and was very displeased with the results.

but, hey, free is free, you know?

Any tried and true tricks to make this a better wine? There is very little juice, less than 2 gallons must to make a 6 gallon recipe. it comes with some powdered oak and, of course, Lalvin EC1118.

I'll take any and all suggestions

Add water to 5 gallons. Better flavor, won't taste so watered down.

Latest posts

Back