Tyler Texas Keg Fill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worksnorth

Reaction score
I've got a buddy that lives in Tyler Texas. He's not a brewer (I'm still working on that!) BUT.. he want's to get a kegerator set up at home and can't find anyone close who fills kegs. He's wanting Microbrew.
Can anyone in this neck of the woods help me out? He'd even make a trip into Dallas to get it filled wouldn't be an issue.
Appreciate it!
Cheers
Ward

Hey man you need to clear out your private messages. Just tried responding to you and it says you are all full and won't accept more!

Ps sorry it's off topic from this Tyler Texas keg dilemma...

I've heard of people bringing corneys into some brewpubs/microbreweries and having them fill it for you, but I think this is pretty rare. The good news is any decent liquor store that sells craft beer can get you 1/6 barrel kegs of tons of microbrew. They're about the same size as a Corney, he'll just need a Sanke coupler. Most commercial kegerators come with the coupler so he'll be good to go there, and if he has the room (in his fridge and wallet) he can get 1/4 or 1/2 barrel kegs of microbrew also. You pay a small deposit on the keg and return it when it's empty. No need to get anything filled!

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I can help. I have lived in and brewed in Tyler for more than ten years. As of November 2012, Tyler is finally "wet," i.e., we can buy beer and wine at a grocery store or convenience store/gas station. So he may be able to get a grocery store like "Fresh" to order kegs. Assuming he cannot, he needs to get in touch with one of the county line liquor stores (still no liquor sales here) like "Fat Dog" in Coffee City or Tuckers in Winona. Tuckers will deliver for about $6. Either should be able to special order any number of good craft beer kegs. Give them some notice because I'm pretty sure (from past experience) that neither of those stores is going to have much in stock.

Bah... screw Tucker's. They're going to close anyways. Owner has been sued to oblivion.
(I used to own the drive-thru before we shut it down because of Tyler)

Didn't know that about Tuckers. Years ago, when it came to kegs, they were the only ones interested in getting me anything other than Bud/Millier/Coors. Sorry about your having to shut down the drive-thru.

Back