Happy Father's Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley-Davidson

Reaction score
Just wanted to say happy Father's Day to all the HBT dads.

Sometimes it's tough, sometimes it's fun, but it's always rewarding and the most important job we do, bar none.

Pat yourselves on the back and crack a few cold ones.

Cheers

Thanks BD and same to you and all the "Pops" out there. My SWMBO bought me four cornies for fathers day, my daughters are planning to grill dinner for me Sunday and I have a fresh 10-gallon batch of my Nierra Sevada I just tapped for the back yard BBQ...

HAPPY FATHERS DAY !!!!

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads, try to keep your sanity, I know that I am having a tough time of it right now. but I know that the light is shining up at the end of the tunnel somewhere!:)

I get to go to a brewery (The Oaken Barrel) for Fathers Day dinner. I haven't been there yet so if any on has any recomendations on food or beers to try let me know. I have had a couple of their beers already but SWMBO said that she wanted to take me there for dinner and maybe get a tour if we can.

Cheers:mug:

:mug: Thanks!:mug: . Got a 24 of bottles and new labels from SWMBO. The kids and I made root beer. O....and I got my 400th post! Being a dad is great, tough, fun and crazy!@

I've got grain mashing in the tun. SWMBO is at work til 4. The kids (19 & 15) will likely sleep til noon. It's 8:45 AM and I just cracked my first brew of the day. Ahhh, life is good! Happy fathers day to all whom it may concern.

It's also the wife's birthday, so I'm letting her sleep in while I watch the kidling and get my mash going. She sleeps, I brew, Cassie watched Teletubbies and colors, we're all happy.

Looks like I'm two degrees high on the Belgian; I can live with that, I'm going to try a 90-minute mash for extra fermentability.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dad's out there! Guys really don't get enough credit..
I took my hubby out for breakfast, am going to change the oil in his van, and am grilling him a prime rib dinner fit for a king...
:)
He's a great dad!

Hapy Father's day to all my fellow HBT dads! I got an early start,as the 1-wk-old had me up from midnight-2 am.

Took the dog for a long walk with the 2-yr old this morning, may take him to the pool later today. While the kids are this young, brewing is still something that keeps me away from rather than something I can share with them...might brew tonight after everyone's in bed (got the starter going last night while the baby had me up ;)

I've had a great Father's Day already! My wife, kids, and inlaws took me out for breakfast at this new restaurant called First Watch (Florida chain that has moved up here.)

After breakfast we took a walk around the new Rockville Town Center. There's a Gordon Biersch that just opened there. It wasn't open, but I was admiring it from the outside and commented how I'd love to go there for dinner sometime. A guy walking by invites me in and gives me a tour of the place. He then brings me to the bar and instructs the bartender to give me a sampler of everything on the house. How ****ing cool! Completely unplanned and a perfect way to start my day!

Orpheus said:
There's a Gordon Biersch that just opened there.

I got some time there about 2 weeks ago after work, love the sidewalk-side bar thing. :D

I'm working today but Friday night I went out to my fav local beer bar for a few beers with a friend of mine, went fishing on Saturday morning, came home and went to the Harrisburg Brewer's Fest, came home and after dinner took my oldest (3-1/2) fishing and got to watch him land his first fish. Was a great (early) Father's Day! :)

Happy Father's Day, fellas!

I'm working a 14 hour shift today. I'll be home at 9, and I've been sick to boot, and my kids will be in bed when I get home, so my Father's Day has sucked. But I'm hoping to make up for it with a couple of :mug: when I get home.

Happy Father's Day to everyone else that has been able to enjoy it!!

Back