Mini fridge for a kegerator - help needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianQuaffer

Reaction score
This one seems ideal:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...gy+Star%AE+Compact+Refrigerator.jsp?locale=en

I just have a question though.
I'll probably have to replace the door shelves with a large piece of white melamine board, 1/8" thick, to be sure the corny kegs will have enough room, that should be easy.

But I'd rather install a tower tap as that would be at a better height instead of putting taps in the door.

How concerned should I be about the possibility of cooling lines running through the top? Obviously I don't want to hit them when I drill the hole for the tap tower.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Nick

I have cut apart at least three fridges to remove the compressor and never come accross one with cooling lines in the sides. That being said, be careful and there is a thread online here about using i think vodka and corn starch to find lines...

if there's nothing mounted on the ceiling of the fridge you will probably be ok... i did the same as you want to do, i was going to buy the same fridge from Canadian Tire but found a stainless steel door one at costco for 150.... I was even worried about electrical wires for the thermostat mounted on the ceiling.. What I did, I drilled the hole in the outside steel firstthen slowly with a small knife worked my way through the foam.. .luckly there were no wires or lines in the way.. but i was nervous the whole time

Back