In a Blizzard right now!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdustguy

Reaction score
Some of you guys may be used to this but man we are getting our butt kicked by a Blizzard here on Long Island right now. They are saying 20 inches of snow and 50+ mph winds. I can attest to that because it is coming down so hard we have whiteout and the wind is blowing like crazy. Thank goodness I have this week off.

Yeah, the snow is insane. I just got home from driving from Holbrook (mid Suffolk County) back home to DC in this mess of a storm. Luckily it's not nearly as bad here as it will be up there!

Just startting in southern Vermont- Up to 18" and really blowing. Up at 3 am to plow 40 driveways

Yup, It's pretty intense here in Boston already. We are expecting upwards of 20+..The snow is going sideways, lots of power outages.

I say go out and brew. but then it is 50 here in the central vally..
good luck out there...

That's that crap that came through here earlier in the week.. Another one came through here last night, and we're sending it your way... Was a blast driving home from the step moms last night in white out conditions (NOT!).. A 30 minute drive took more than two hours....

fun stuff.. It's amazing how valuable home brew becomes to me in such conditions... Just don't leave your house unprepared for the worst, and if and when you should encounter it, don't panic.. just take your time and be methodical in your decision making process.. mankind has survived 60-100 centuries or more of this crap with far less at their disposal than you have...

drink some happy juice and go make snow angels with the kids...

I am visiting family in New England, snowing hard here. We are farther inland so the wind is not really that bad. It has been a while since I have been around significant snow. I think I might go sledding tomorrow.

Good luck to all, hope you don't lose power.

Good luck eastcoasters. I am happy that the storm you are getting missed us in the upper midwest. We already have 20 inches on the ground!

Just startting in southern Vermont- Up to 18" and really blowing. Up at 3 am to plow 40 driveways

I'm hoping to get my jeep rigged up for that next winter... Then I can actually look forward to these storms, like a couple of my buddies do.. Good money in that...

Although many of the driveways around here would not allow any mortal man to do 40 of them in a day.... but then again, you get to charge more for these 'driveways'..

we got 22 inches in 24 hours here a couple of weeks ago.. it was pretty bad.. good luck! stay home!

This was an eye-opener for many people too, BTW; including myself.

Do YOU have enough food to last for days? Water? What if the power goes out?

I wasn't as prepared as I should've been, but I will learn from it and prepare for the future!

I'm thankful we still have our power this morning. Winds are suppose to continue until this afternoon. We typically lose our power here if someone sneezes hard.

Yeah, getting set to head out and start clearing my driveway and my older neighbors. Gonna have a cup of homebrew (coffee) before I go. 34 mph winds gusting to 46. Update in about 3 or 4 hours when I return... I was gonna start brewing early this morning but my son is sleeping in our living/kitchen. Now I guess I'll have something to look forward to (AHS Boddington's clone) this afternoon.

Collect some of that "Blizzard Snow" melt it, save it, make beer from it later and call it "blizzard ale" or something like that.

headed out to do the second round of driveways. Still snowing and drifting. We probaly have about 16" so far

Well, spent about 3.5 hours out moving snow around (thanks to the winds, I moved some stuff two or three times). My neighbor's wife thought she was having heart problems so I had to clear a path for the EMTs. Damn, why couldn't have this good deed happened before Santa came??!!
Now on the last 11 minutes of the boil. 1/2 oz. of Kent Goldings @ 5 min. then cool down. After all that I'm headed out to get some grub for the wife and I. Maybe some beef. I'm about leftover/turkey-ed out. That means we should be eating about 8-ish. Don't have to be back at work until tomorrow afternoon (3p-1am shift) so I can chill-ax for the eve.

Back