Lesson learned - Doggie Beer Bar FUBR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Well - I brewed on Saturday and since I had a friend over "helping" I just put all my grains in a large bowl (about 5 pounds).

My plan was to make my dog beer bars which he LOVES

2 cups barley
1 cup Peanutbutter
1 cup flour
1 or 2 eggs

mix and bake at 350 for as long as you wife will let you.

HOWEVER - Sunday came and went and I planned Monday night!

We arrive home after work and open the door! WOW - what is that smell. Diane says it smells like sweet poop and I say it smells like her cheesy broccoli (another lesson learned).

We look and look and then my nose takes me to the big bowl. I pick it up and IT'S HOT!!

I found the offending odor.

Lesson - don't let the spent barley sit four more then 48 hours!

I think you took the "my" in the wrong context. He meant "(for) my dog" and not "my recipe". Original recipe has 2 cups flour, right?

Anyway, I made some of these for my dogs last weekend after brewing. They love them.

I've made two batches of dog snacks now and the mutts love em. I also spinkle some of the spent grains on top of there dinner on brew days too.

Did you see Dirty Jobs the other night? They feed spent grains to raindeer on the farm in Alaska. They didn't say were they get them, just that they were mashed beer grain.

Yeah, I've left a spent mash or two sitting too long.

If I made these for my greys, they'd gobble down the first batch, then refuse to look at one from the second batch. I have half full bags of rawhides all over.

Latest posts

Back