Carb water and adding syrup into keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnanza

Reaction score
How to carb the water first and add syrup into keg. What is the details, time frame and steps. My soda is all natural ingredients from fruit juice mixing with herbs. I have 7- 10 days to prepare before the event. Is there any force carb methods would be ready in that time frame? Have anyone try to hookup gas line to the out valve to get the soda carb faster?

Add syrup to keg, add water. Close, seal and carbonate. Shake while carbonating, or inbetween carbonating. (Pressurize at 60, disconnect, shake, repeat a few times) check the pressure until around 20ish then carb at 30 for the rest & shake.

Not really worth putting the gas at the other end using this method.

You can just put the keg on it's side and attach the gas normally and let it roll around with your feet back and forth for an hour or so.

Thank you for the reply. So I would turn the gas on to 60psi then disconnect and shake a few time. Do I shake repeatedly or through the day, how long I need to shake it for? Do you mean after all the shakes, on the same day I would connect the gas back and turn it up to 30psi and shake every day.
What do you mean by check the pressure til around 20ish?

Thank you for the reply. So I would turn the gas on to 60psi then disconnect and shake a few time. Do I shake repeatedly or through the day, how long I need to shake it for? Do you mean after all the shakes, on the same day I would connect the gas back and turn it up to 30psi and shake every day.
What do you mean by check the pressure til around 20ish?

When you first hook up the gas, you'll hear a hissing sound from the regulator that subsides as it presssurizes. When you shake it, you'll hear it hiss some more and you'll see the gauge needle drop and slowly climb back up.

What's happening is the gas is dissolving into the liquid as you're shaking it, you're forcing it to equilibrium by allowing more gas/liquid contact. If you shake it and your needle doesn't move and you don't hear any more hissing, then you know it's at equilibrium and should be fully carbed assuming you're set to the correct temperature/pressure.

Latest posts

Back