Olympics - Opening Ceremony

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutilated1

Beer Drenched Executioner
Reaction score
Gotta hand it to the Chinese - that was pretty cool. Lasted a bit too long, but cool nonetheless.

If only William Hung had sung "She Bangs" at the end and then lit a fart with the Olympic torch it could have been perfect.

I was a little upset, my unemployed ass was up at 7 something this morning to watch it at 8:08...then I realized once my hangover was over that there was no way in hell we'd see it that early in the morning, you all were all going or getting, or where at work....

and I watched football instead tonight

It was incredible. I wasn't planning to watch it all but the drumming at the start blew me away and I ended up watching it all.

as awesome as the opening cerimonies were, the US is about to face the Dutch in Beach Vollyball...

mmmmmmmmm, sandylicious.... :D

Did anyone else notice that when the last torch holder was finally hoisted into the air, it looked like the harness shifted on him? When I saw that I was fairly certain that something bad was going to happen.

It was a good opening ceremony. Did any one else notice how bored the President and Mrs looked? At one point the camera caught him looking at his watch. Nothing political against the Pres, I just thought it looked kind of bad that our country's leader looked so impatient to leave.

I used to train with the girl who carried the Irish flag in. I think she got to carry the torch for a bit too... Pity it was a different sport :D

It was a good opening ceremony. Did any one else notice how bored the President and Mrs looked? At one point the camera caught him looking at his watch. Nothing political against the Pres, I just thought it looked kind of bad that our country's leader looked so impatient to leave.

Just to be fair, he wasn't the only leader they showed checking thier watch. I seem to remember the French leader falling asleep/looking impatient, and one other dignitary checking thier watch as well.

I seem to remember the French leader falling asleep/looking impatient, and one other dignitary checking thier watch as well.

Even more memorable was the fact that Sarkozy never took off his jacket!

Back