Forgot to strain hops for primary fermenter....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregblatz

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to the forum, and have dusted off the carboys for the first time in years.

This forum is excellent, and I am learning quite a bit browsing through them.

My recent batch has been fermenting pretty aggressively for the last week, and still bubbles every 12 seconds or so.

The thing that worries me is that I forgot to strain the wort when I moved it into the primary fermenter. This is an all extract brew with hop pellets.

Will this have big time implications in the the taste?

Should I move into the secondary fermenter even though fermentation is still somewhat active?

Thanks for your advice!

Your will be fine. I do that with all of my batches. They actually come out clearer because the goop coagulates on the hop particles. Relax.

nope, not a big deal. some say that leaving the hops in there will add more hop flavor to the beer, while others feel it has a minimal impact.

The hops will fall out of solution pretty quickly. Just take care to rack off the beer above the trub to avoid clogging your siphon.

Back