What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. Buttery caramel/ toast,toast dryness, creamy, light fruit/floral. Medium body,mild sweetness. Peppery bittering finish. Not exactly one of my favorites but fantastic for a 4%er. Not that I had a lot of bitters but this is one of the better ones so far. Ive passed this up a few times but glad I got it.

adnams.jpg

Green Flash IPA.. Pretty good, but it has an astringent bitterness that is unpleasant and I usually blame on Chinook being used as bittering hops. But still really good. Next up - a whole crap load of Lagunitas.

image-1416596452.jpg

Green Flash IPA.. Pretty good, but it has an astringent bitterness that is unpleasant and I usually blame on Chinook being used as bittering hops. But still really good. Next up - a whole crap load of Lagunitas.

I didn't care for this because of the astringency as well. At least you'll cleanse your palate soon!

It's an elusive beer. Check out skeezer's clone here, that's pretty much what I'm brewing with an added mash hop addition and a bit more late hopping. I bought a few lbs of citra, so I figured I should do something good with some of 'em.

I just got my pound of Citra in a couple days ago so I am stoked to use them in something. I've only heard bits and pieces about mash hopping. What does it do for the beer?

Right now I am celebrating the fact that I'm not going to jail.

20130104_200500.jpg

I just got my pound of Citra in a couple days ago so I am stoked to use them in something. I've only heard bits and pieces about mash hopping. What does it do for the beer?

Last I read up on that,is it just wastes them, John Palmer as well as a few other better known brewers seem to agree after watching a podcast discussion on brewing myths.
I would have to think it would do at least a little in terms of flavor. Cant say for myself,Ive never done it though. I do like FWH so far.

They drop the charges when they realized you weren't ninjan nobody in the airport?

Nice! I want to brew myself a Zombie Dust clone. Wouldn't know if I pulled it off since I've never had Zombie Dust, but I figure it would be in the ball park.

I brewed this about a month ago, and the 3 ounces of Citra have been in there for about a week so far. Bottling half and keging the other half on Sunday. I did all grain and hit my numbers pretty much right on. Ill let you know how it goes!! The hydro sample pretty much gave me partial wood, so I think it will be good :ban:

Some people may appreciate this more than I do. I think this would have been better younger possibly(mines about 6+mo).Still good. On the sweet side. Definatley picking up the chili notes/warming cinnamon in the finish as it warms.Maybe I should have drank it almost room temp.Will try the rest tommarrow.

sxnw.jpg

Last I read up on that,is it just wastes them, John Palmer as well as a few other better known brewers seem to agree after watching a podcast discussion.
I would have to think it would do at least a little in terms of flavor. Cant say for myself,Ive never done it though. I do like FWH so far.

I've also enjoyed my tries at FWH. As far as mash hopping, I suppose the only real way to know is to try it for myself.

They drop the charges when they realized you weren't ninjan nobody in the airport?

On the advice of the Navy legal dude I talked to I hired a civilian lawyer (since JAG can't represent me in civilian court) and he ended up getting a deal for me to make a "charitable donation" in exchange for dropping the charges. I didn't even have to set foot in the court room.

So jealous, I've been wanting to try this for a while now. Thankfully, I can get the ingredient kit from my LHBS, so I can get an idea of what it's like. I wonder if they sell this in Tennessee? I'll be taking a vacation around Nashville this June.....

jerryteague said:
So jealous, I've been wanting to try this for a while now. Thankfully, I can get the ingredient kit from my LHBS, so I can get an idea of what it's like. I wonder if they sell this in Tennessee? I'll be taking a vacation around Nashville this June.....

Edit: I tried to respond to the post with the Old Rasputin RIS, but it appears that the "quote" function didn't work.

well so far tonight
a boatload of snpa
a home brew irish red
SN stout [its meh]
to come
Breaking into the smuttynose big beer collection
and a belgain dubbel or 5

Waging Jihad on my liver tonight....sufferring beer farts and hangover tomarrow

Hoppy brown ale,kinda on the sweet side,kinda like it.:) Beer here-Kama Citra. Are the Belgians trying to be too American now??? Guess we kinda americanized (supersized) a lot of Belgian beers....our bad. Gettin it right back at us. Its weird, its an american stlye beer(British malts though) from Belgium. I guess a brown ale is a bit sweet/less bitter.

kama citra.jpg

jerryteague said:
Edit: I tried to respond to the post with the Old Rasputin RIS, but it appears that the "quote" function didn't work.

What awful place do you live where TN is a good state to buy beer in?

Pretty sure I've seen it on draft here. I know I've seen Pranqster so I'm guessing you can get Old Raspy here, too.

Try using SeekABrew to find out if a brewer distributes to a particular state. Once you have a hit you can chase down distributors to finda place that carries it.

I'm questioning your, you know, orientation considering that you're surfing the Internet at the moment. ;)

To be fair, searching "Julius Echter Dunkel BOOBS" doesn't yield many boob images or beer images. I thought I was going to see rows and columns of normal women without huge cleavage drinking but no.

Hop czar with my father. My parents came over and my ipa wasn't ready so I needed to get something for my hophead father

iambeer said:
To be fair, searching "Julius Echter Dunkel BOOBS" doesn't yield many boob images or beer images. I thought I was going to see rows and columns of normal women without huge cleavage drinking but no.

You've got to be careful with the Googles. That search could easily yield man boobs, the likes of which will scar your permanently. Lil' Sumpin is better than Maximus. Got foam?

image-4182692272.jpg

Back