Anyone else have these Sam Adams Pint Glasses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got 4 or 5 of the guiness pint glasses, nice but were expensive

I have 4 sets of Stone glassware, a set of Paulaner, and a few Guiness glasses, but no S.A.

I have a set of 4, they're great. SWMBO got them for me for Christmas. As you drink down, the beer sits in the "bowl" as you tilt the glass, which gives you a great aroma from your beer. They're especially good for IPAs.

Yeah I think I've got about 6 of them. Kept getting them about a year or so ago when the bars around here were running a lot of Sam Adam's promos and they were giving away stuff.

I took a tour of the SA factory in Boston a few weeks ago and they promoted them heavily. I ended up buying two of them and haven't hardly drank with anything else since. Although, I could use a few more since two dont last very long.

I love mine, especially for IPAs. Here's my DFH clone in one:

DSCF0552.JPG

That's odd. I was at a club meeting yesterday in Galesburg, IL and the guys there said the glasses suck. :confused:

**** I should have stopped in. I picked up about 100lbs of grain there yesterday.

On a side note, if you ever go judge/steward longshot, they'll give you one.

I have two of the Sam Adams glasses. They gave a free pair of them out to members of the American Homebrewers Association as well as subscribers of Beer Advocate magazine. I think they're pretty nice.

I also have one of those Sierra Nevada glasses. Got it free (sort of) at Falling Rock during Great American Beer Fest week. I think the deal was $6 for a pint of the new Harvest Ale during the Kill the Keg contest they do yearly and you got to keep the glass. It's a really nice one as well.

Saw some mentions of the Guinness glasses... noticed Wal-Mart is selling 4 packs of them for $10 from the 14th-20 for Father's Day.

I have a set of 8 of those, and a set of 4 of the BIG Sam Adams Octoberfest steins. My wife got both of them for me for my birthday last year. They're great!

I have 6 of them. SWMBO and I are at Buffalo Wild Wings at least once a week and the bartenders all know us. As soon as these arrived one of them gave me a box full of them. It's pretty cool to watch as the etched glass on the bottom keeps a head on the beer, you can see a perfect circle of bubbles going up while the glass sits there.

I only have one and I like it fine. It is smaller than I thought it would be from the commercial. But it was free (stole it from the local watering hole) so I can't complain. I know I shouldn't have taken it, but I was druk. Believe me, that place has made a ton of money off me over the years. That may not justify it, but I was druk.

I just picked up a pack of 2 new SA sensory glasses off eBay for $9.25 (plus $4.50 shipping). The seller has more packs available if anyone is interested.

I am kind of skeptical that these glasses make much difference to a regular pint glass.

I'm still waiting for Sam Adams brewery night at The Flying Saucer to get a Sam Adams glass. Meanwhile I've accumulated about 60 beer glasses from The Flying Saucer.

I like a lot of Belgian and high gravity stuff served out of a tulip glass:
Glass_Duvel.jpg

or sometimes a snifter:
Glass-Snifter-PegLegStout.JPG

otherwise a nice pint glass works really well for a lot of styles.

Just finished drinking an amazing American Imperial Stout from my Duvel Tulip and now moving towards a IIPA from my Sam Adam's glass. Good druck times!

I have the SA glasses. I do think they hold the head on the beer better. As for the rest, ehh maybe it does what it claims and maybe I imagined it because I read what it was supposed to do.

I just got my SA sensory glasses in the mail. I thought it looked a little small, so I filled it up and it is just over 12oz. Isn't it supposed to be 16oz? I don't mind either way, because I am using 12oz bottles right now, so will work nicely.

I have six

Great for hoppy beers, really helps accentuate them.
We had a beer glass presentation at a brew club meeting and it was very enlightening.
All different beers in different glasses.

Pretty cool stuff

They have a Father's day special going on right now.
I snagged a 4 pack earlier today for $15 plus shipping.

Product Detail

"Order now using this code and you can save 50% on a
4-pk of our Samuel Adams Boston Lager® Perfect Pints.
A7333CE642

Then on father's day, raise a pint together in his honor!"

Product Detail

A7333CE642

Thanks for the tip . . . another $24 on the obsession.

Product Detail

A7333CE642

Just tried to use the code, and it came up as invalid!!! :(

I picked up a set of these while at the SA brewery last week, and while I haven't used my own yet, the bar I ate at before flying back yesterday served me the Sam Adam's Boston Brick Red in that glass. I can't say it overly enhanced my experience, but it certainly did not detract. And they look kinda cool... PLUS I got a free Oktoberfest stein when I bought the set of 4. Only $32 for the 4 and the stein, not bad IMO.

Back