Knob for valve on CO2 Tank needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
The plastic knob that turns the valve for my 5 lb. CO2 tank broke.

Any ideas on where to get a replacement? Thanks.

sirsloop said:
vise grips :p

Yep. That's what I've been using so far. This tank sits in my ChestFreezerator for carbing 3 kegs at one time, so I'm not turning the valve on and off, but it's getting a bit light, so it's time for a refill. Perhaps AirGas will have something, but I personally doubt it.

Craig5_12 said:
forgive the ignorance here, but what is an EAC?

Here we go again......

Well a true EAC will never tell you. He'll tell you to go find out for yourself. Then when you know he'll be willing to discuss it with you.
He will be willing to help you if you are willing to help yourself.
If you aren't then they'll just leave it be or make a smart comment.

Search is a wonderful tool. :D

It's even in the Wiki and it's one of the longest most viewed threads on here.

I equate EAC with being a BOFH of the homebrew world. I don't think I qualify for the club yet, myself, though.

Well I had tried searching, but nothing comes up for EAC, I'm at work and jump on off and on so I haven't had time to scour all the pages. I did however find the Wiki page.....which I'd never seen before....so thanks for that.
I wasn't sure how to take the comment before, haha!
Although I've still not figured out what SWMBO is...........

Cheesefood said:

Hmmm. It seems we have a few of these.

evilclown.jpg

EAC = East Australian Current :tank:

At least so sayeth the turtles on Finding Nemo...lol but keep searching.

Hey ed, thanks for all the recipes. I have brewed many with great results. Please pm me or post a picture of your tank along with the manufacturer of the tank as well as what manufacterer stamp is on the valve. I should be able to get a replacement.

Hey ed, thanks for all the recipes. I have brewed many with great results. Please pm me or post a picture of your tank along with the manufacturer of the tank as well as what manufacterer stamp is on the valve. I should be able to get a replacement.

I have a feeling it's been taken care of sometime in the last 6 1/2 years. ;)

Back