Keg foamed through keg lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tippetsnapper

Reaction score
I kegged a batch of beer 6 days ago that had been fermenting for 13 days. I actually overflowed the keg a bit when filling, but made a little room and put about 20 psi on it. I left the keg in the same spot it was fermenting and saw yesterday there was some foam that leaked through the keg lid. There was still just a tad bit of pressure inside, so I added more gas to pressurize. Should I have any reason to worry about infection? Its been a day or two since I noticed, should I open it back up, clean and sanitize the lid and replace or leave as is?

if it was mine, i wouldn't be very worried about infection, but I would make sure that I cranked up the pressure on it, to make sure that the lid seals properly this time. 30psi, perhaps?

just clean it up well.

also you don't want to over fill the keg so that the beer is high enough to get sucked back into the gas line. because beer in a regulator = NO BUENO

-=jason=-

I just did this earlier today. I overshot the batch volume, and it filled the keg to the brim! I could hear it bubbling in there as it carbonated... lol

Fortunately I was able to drink it down to a safe level without letting any beer go up the gas line :rockin:

Latest posts

Back