BLING BLING Electric HERMS Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes. planning to replace with the liquid tight RTD. wish I would have got the RTD to begin with... wish I had advice for the k type other than just throw it out...

yeah, if you can find a better option for cheaper let me know. But the K-type is a POS. not only does it rust (badly and quickly) but (mine at least) does not stay accurate at both cold and hot temperatures. I have it calibrated for hot temperatures (HLT) and seems to stay accurate enough from say 130-180, if it drops below 100 then it is in the range of 10-20 degrees off.

And then there is the pia of taking it out to move the keggle...

I've been looking at some pt100 RTDs on Ebay that are much cheaper, and am in the process of trying to find out if they're all stainless. I'm starting to think it's worth the extra money to know they're going to work well.

My K type does fine, but the whole rust thing makes that irrelevant.

Pol,
Thanks for documenting your build so well. It's very appreciated and it will definitely help on my All grain build.

Back