Tats!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbiLynn

Reaction score
I think tattoos deserve their own thread. My first tattoo and I'm sure not my last. Everyone said it would hurt, whatever. I wished it had hurt, take me away from real pain. No bleeding, no scabs, none of that nasty stuff people said would happen. Felt like a gentle, acupuncture massage to me. Jay, from Tatty Daddy's in Tallahassee Florida did mine. Though, he did say I was only his second client who liked how it felt. My muscles were sore, that was pain, felt nice to have a massage.

My first tat... on my upper arm.... I may not be the best mama, but I'm still mama. Says so on my arm.

mama2.jpg

MIne is my avatar pic.

Nice tat. Still trying to decide what I want next.

Dang, that's pretty sweet, nice drawing and great color. Faded much since you got it? I have pretty much decided what I want next, just deciding where to put it.

It's not nearly as bright but that's to be expected. that was right after it was done. The lines are all still sharp. there are a few detail lines to draw the suds that are fading a bit that I'll get touched up. Want to wait till the one year mark.

I just realized i have an appointment next week to finish up the color on my right sleeve! i made the appointment 6 months ago and forgot about it, now its time to scrounge up some cash to pay for it

My wife's a tattoo artist. She's about 50% covered.

I have seven. In order they were obtained:
1. Oroborus on left shoulder
2. Necklace
3. Five petal rose on right hip
4. Tree on right shoulder
5. Moai statues on right calf
6. Hyperbolic cube on back
7. Snow leopard on left hip

The right calf hurt the most because it ran onto the back of my knee. The weirdest was getting tattooed on my spine because I could feel it in my feet.

Mine has developed white fuzz after 3 days, like dry skin. Put some aloe on it but then was told not to use aloe. But, I already did!!!

I don't have any good pictures of mine but I have a full sleeve on my right arm. Got most of it done in my 20's and always said I would do my left arm in my 30's. I only have two years left in my 30's and have a baby girl due in July. Looks like my left arm will get done in my 50's!

You're scabbing. Just wait until it gets itchy and you can't itch it.

If they didn't give you Tattoo Goo or something similar, pick up some bacitracin. What you want is sonething antibiotic to reduce the risk of infection.

You're scabbing. Just wait until it gets itchy and you can't itch it.

If they didn't give you Tattoo Goo or something similar, pick up some bacitracin. What you want is sonething antibiotic to reduce the risk of infection.

Aack, it better not be scabbing! I do not like scabs or itchy parts. No, they didn't give me anything, just said keep clean and told me a type of lotion I could use, but forget what he said. Aqua 4 or something? Just looks dry and feels a little stiff. Hmmm....

Ive got 3 but no pics. Guess I could take some. Im almost 40 now and still thinking of getting at least a 1/2 sleeve. I think tats rock.

BobbiLynn said:
Aack, it better not be scabbing! I do not like scabs or itchy parts. No, they didn't give me anything, just said keep clean and told me a type of lotion I could use, but forget what he said. Aqua 4 or something? Just looks dry and feels a little stiff. Hmmm....

Aquaphor, bag balm, or a&d are the best. I have a ton of tats, some are over 21 years old and still look pretty new. You can tell the ones I took care of and the ones I didn't.

The top layer of skin has started flaking off, like dry skin, or a light sunburn. Finally talked to the guy who did my tat and he said that was normal, don't put anything on it, let the dead skin flake off and it'll look better than ever. No raw spots or anything than resembles a scab. He said just keep washing it with the antibacterial soap a couple times a days. Did he give me good advice?

That's a toss up. If it were an all black and grey, id disagree with him. Colors are tricky. I would probably put a light lotion on right after washing it just to keep the itching part down.

It's hard to fight the urge to scratch, sometimes you'll do it without even thinking. For that phase, I use Neosporin, but very lightly. Keep the Neosporin warm so it's thin.

But, that's just one idiots advise. Everyone has their own trick. I just know that I'm a scratcher and have ruined parts because of that.

Thanks, it hasn't been itchy at all, so that part is fine. He didn't use any black at all, I don't think. If it doesn't get itchy I'll put something on it to keep from scratching it. Feels like a mild sunburn, no itchies, yet...

As soon as the top scabby layer comes off, it'll probably look hazy. That's when it really gets itchy. I'll usually warm up some aquaphor or Neosporin in the microwave for a few seconds so it's more oily than thick, then rub it on with my palm so I don't use my nails. It'll usually make it not itch for a couple of hours, then do it again.

He didn't give you bad advice on just washing it with antibacterial soap. An antibacterial lotion line bacitracin or A&D is to: 1) help it heal slower. When it heals slower, it's less likely to scar. And 2) it's antibacterial, so it helps keep it from getting infected.

Oh, and in colored tattoos, the lining work is almost always black.

I got mine about 6 months ago, it's my family crest. Fortis Et Fidus is Latin for "Brave and Loyal".
ko67sUt.jpg

I'm planning on getting another soon, I'm thinking about the outline of Lake Superior on my other shoulder.

Oh, and in colored tattoos, the lining work is almost always black.

Yeah, we talked about that, but decided against it, he just used darker shades of color for the outline. He did say at the beginning that usually the outline is black, but I didn't want that. The outline of the rock is dark purple. And the letters on the rock also outlined in dark purple. Darker green and purple for all the outlines.

Dang, now I am thinking about this thing going down my arm, across by shoulder to my back then down the other arm. A garden, each part blending into the next and each part with a meaning. Like maybe the flower and rock can lead to a field of little white flowers. Maybe even a dirt path. Eyes can walk along the garden and see what's there. Each little white flower representing positive ideas. The growth of something good and positive, then keep following the path to see what else is there. So I can look and see where I have been, give me a better idea of where I'm going. My best friend says I am going through a mid-life crisis, maybe so, but worse things I can do than get tatted. I already have many ugly scars on my body, so not like I'm ruining a beautiful piece.

I'm a firm believe that if you don't have a nice body, at least have pictures to look at. That's why I have them from every angle!

There was just too many times when I was young and stupid(last incident 5 years ago) and didn't go to the hospital for stitches or treatment right away. Yeah, I'd rather look in the mirror and see pretty pictures, instead of ugly scars. At least a distraction. When I was younger, I happened to exit a vehicle that was going 55 MPH down the highway, wasn't pretty. Slid, until I finally realized I must roll towards the grass. And scars from that "accident" are just some of the many I have.

Yea, I hear you! I was sad about my last one, they had to cut across one of my tats to reattach ligaments in my arm and move the nerves.

Guess I should be old enough to know ,arms don't bend backwards! *idiot*

I got mine about 6 months ago, it's my family crest. Fortis Et Fidus is Latin for "Brave and Loyal".

I'm planning on getting another soon, I'm thinking about the outline of Lake Superior on my other shoulder.

Mine is Fide et Fortitudine

Tomorrow will be one week since I got my first tattoo and it is scabbing in a couple spots, the ends of the flower petals where the ink was so thick. He even highlighted them with white ink after warning me that white ink causes more problems than other colors. Must say after sleeping on the shoulder one night, it hurt. Itchy too, but took some benadryl, and fine now.

I just have one. It's to honor my dad, who was a private pilot. He died in a crash in the experimental aircraft he built in our garage and flew for over 20 years. We think he had a stroke or other sudden medical problem in flight.

lfe42e99262a2192bb63228up7.jpg

Wish they did not cost so much.

About the only thing holding me back right now is the money. I paid $180 for mine and supposedly that was giving me a good deal. I'm thinking it'll cost a grand or more to cover just one sleeve.

Must have more tattoos.... Need more money. I'll get it figured out, when there is the will, there is the way.

Well, if you guys are ever anywhere near me, I can get you hooked up. My little cousin is awesome and reasonable!

Well, if you guys are ever anywhere near me, I can get you hooked up. My little cousin is awesome and reasonable!

Oh sure, I'll just tell hubby I'm heading to California for some more tats. He will be so surprised! My cousin Andrea wants to get a tat from Kat Von in California. Not sure who that is, but guessing someone good. I'll ask her to pick me up long the way! Road trip!!!

BobbiLynn said:
Oh sure, I'll just tell hubby I'm heading to California for some more tats. He will be so surprised! My cousin Andrea wants to get a tat from Kat Von in California. Not sure who that is, but guessing someone good. I'll ask her to pick me up long the way! Road trip!!!

Haha, Kat's mom worked for my dentist a while ago. She told me I needed to let her daughter do me. (I kept laughing)

I got a few of mine from Cory Miller.

Here is one of mine. I also have both of my sides done, some on my arms and 1 on my leg, but this one is my favorite.

image-2418512138.jpg

I love tots, remind me of school lunches. Why don't more restaurants serve tots? One of the best beer houses in the Chicago-area, Tribes Alehouse, serves tots and they go really well with beer.

What?

Oh, tAts, not tOts . . . never mind.

I love tots, remind me of school lunches. Why don't more restaurants serve tots? One of the best beer houses in the Chicago-area, Tribes Alehouse, serves tots and they go really well with beer.

What?

Oh, tAts, not tOts . . . never mind.

can't find a link to it, did find plenty of recipes for clones

on Destination America Channel, United States of Bacon, they featured a place that served bacon-wrapped jalepeño popper tater tots

now i'm thinking i want some for breakfast

Back