Frog legs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
After wanting to try these for awhile I picked a bunch up. So who has a good recipe they are willing to share?

I've had 'em marintated in Italian dressing and deep fried or grilled. Not too bad.

But get the skin off first. Yuck.

Flour and fry. Best way to eat them. Also i will have to recommend a grabiech (kinda like a fancy tarter sauce).

I had them at a restaurant years back. As I recall they were simply fried in a flour and seasoning mixture. Tasted a bit like Smelt (Small fish). Not bad, but IMO not worth the extra $$. Smelt is not usually too hard to find around here, especially in season.

This reminds me that I REALLY need to go out on a smelt dipping trip one day. I know my grandpa used to do it every year. I remember cleaning them suckers when dad brought them home.

After wanting to try these for awhile I picked a bunch up. So who has a good recipe they are willing to share?

I've always either breaded them in flour or cornmeal or battered them, with a few spices & fried 'em up like you would chicken in a skillet. Used to eat 'em at least once every summer when I was a kid.
Regards, GF.

Back