reusing DraughtKegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
I'm curious about whether or not you can refill one of those mini kegs they sell Heineken and Newcastle in. Are they reusable, and if so what kind of mods are necessary?

Yea, you can use the search button above ^ and search for "reuse mini kegs" and you'll come up with a bunch of threads discussing it. I am using one right now.

The last time I checked. Heinekin Jammed a co2 cartridge into their draught kegs that left them unusable after initial use.

The last time I checked. Heinekin Jammed a co2 cartridge into their draught kegs that left them unusable after initial use.

Oh yea, that's right, it's easier if you use the others, it's possible with Heiny but a great pita.:mug: Mine are grolsch and Paulaner.

gregpio85 said:

Scratch that.
Check out:
http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90461&start=0

It's a ton of work but the proof of concept is there.

I know some German beers have mini kegs that are reusable. I'll keep a look out for a name the next time I'm at binnys.

COLObrewer said:
Oh yea, that's right, it's easier if you use the others, it's possible with Heiny but a great pita.:mug: Mine are grolsch and Palaner.

You beat me to it!!!! Cheers!

I actually just found a tutorial on youtube for the reuse of the Miller Lite home draft system. I might pick up one of those, fill it up, and bottle the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks alot easier and nothing else to buy either except the next cartridge, I've not tried one of those yet though.

Latest posts

Back