Primary women homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm just an occasional lurker but I'd consider myself the primary brewer in my household! My man does participate quite fully, and he does come up with recipes occasionally, but he seems to consider brewing more of a chore. I do the reading, calculations, prodding and buying. We share the brew-day duties.

But if we split up I'd claim the equipment. ;)

I do all the brewing work, but my wife of 40 years does help me drink it. OTOH, I'm retired and she still puts in a full work week, so it's the least I can do. Seriously, what are the chances that two people who are otherwise compatible are also going to want to brew? Not large, I should think.

I modified this old joke and thought it would fit nicely here:

"WANTED -- A good woman; must be able to clean, cook, sew, do both partial mash and all-grain, and prefer someone who kegs. Please send picture............of MLT, HLT, and kegerator" :D

My wife helps drink my wine and beer, but the work is all mine.

Hey Yooper, maybe we could have a cheese making section here. I would be interested in this process. Can store bought milk be used?

I'm a brew chick -- I'm the primary and only brewer in the house. My dear husband is a very good beer drinker, but he does not brew at all. I move the carboys myself because I'm afraid he'll splash, but he does help with 50# bags of grain.

As for you guys wanting your women to drink -- I wouldn't push it. When I started getting into craft brew I got fat.

I guess I've been lucky. Ex-wife loved my brew and even made a batch herself.

Took a 14 year hiatus and just made a nut brown ale this passed weekend, and now wifey #2 said that the next batch is hers to make, so back off.:rockin:

No wimpy beer for wifey #2. The darker the better. We were at the Pelican Brew Pub on the Oregon Coast. We had a sampler of their barely wines. She was in heaven. So, I know there is some barely wines in our future. She also wants to usurp the fridge for lagering, so she can clone one of her favorite beers, Celebrator doppelbock. Anyone have a recipe?

I'm a damn lucky man! A blessed man, I'd say.:mug:

SWMBO and I work together most of the time.

I do brew stuff that she won't even taste (6oz of hops in one batch)
We have had a few arguments over who gets to use the carboys
and she has really been a true help, I brewed a few batches while I was on my vacation from this horrid place.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f85/my-brewday-100970/
She transferred them to secondary for me, and she is going to bottle them this weekend.

With out her help/support I don't think I would have had as much success in Home Brewing !

-Jason

Whatever happened to Silviakitty? And wow Yooper I'm impressed you remember DancingBareFoot. She didn't post very often, and it's been years!

Larstram, we used to have a cheese section, but it wasn't used much so all the posts got merged into the cooking and pairing forum.

Wow! That is tough love! Especially because you're not a big woman. I haul most of my own stuff around, and being 5'9" and not fragile in figure, I manage pretty well. But if HWMO hears me grunting (I said I manage, I didn't say I like it or that it's easy!), trying to swing the full carboy up onto a counter, he will come help. I think it makes him feel useful. ;)

Maybe hearing you grunt gets him.... uh, "worked up"?

I could selectively drop a few words out of your quote to illustrate what I mean, but I'll be polite.

AZ-IPA Love that addy!!!

I'm going to have to post that on CL!!!

Quote:
"WANTED -- A good woman; must be able to clean, cook, sew, do both partial mash and all-grain, and prefer someone who kegs. Please send picture............of MLT, HLT, and kegerator"

LOVE IT!

Now if a cute 30 something Local woman brewer answers..... =) Fingers crossed!

My wife (Brew_mistress) and I do it together as a hobby. I'm doing AG now, trying to get her to work away from the extracts. We split the fun stuff like sanitizing and scraping labels about 50/50, although I'd say I probably consume a *bit* more of the end product than she does. :D It is nice having a common interest that we can support each other in, not to mention someone that doesn't mind the sweet smell of boiling wort!

Back