best beer you ever made!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has got to be that Budweiser clone I made, tasted like dirty feet.

Seriously, would have been the Stout I am drinking right now, perfect flavor just missing body, so I will go with my 3rd Irish Red Ale. Was all I wanted in a Red and got the hops perfect, it just didn't last long.

I dunno, but this Caribou Slobber I'm drinking is way up there, I've got an American Wheat that tastes great but is under carbed. I really enjoyed the Moravian Amber Ale, the NB Pale Ale was great, but over all, my very first home brew, Home Brew Heaven's West Coast Blonde stands out in my mind. It was good, refreshing, and made me a home brewer, you never forget your first home brew. I was nervous, scared, excited, then hooked. :p

Brewery's Best Summer Ale. Every time I pop one I.make my wife taste it and say, "that's a good beer, huh?"

I even told the guys that I usually bring beers to that I wasn't bringing them any because it was too good.

Double IPA loaded with Columbus, Chinook, Simcoe. Denny Conn's Favorite yeast. I think my kegs only got 1 or 2 left in it, i'll post the recipe after I get some results at the contests I've entered it into

The best so far would have to be my smoked chocolate porter. I'm very happy with how it turned out and it went over really well with my friends.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone (though a bit stronger). Not my favorite beer but the reason it's the best so far is it didn't have any off-tastes that I could detect, and of course it tasted balanced and good. I'm so proud of myself!

I call it "Feck Off!", it's this kit from Mountain Home Brew, I throw a full cafetiere of very strong fresh brewed coffee into the fermenter. The name comes from "Father Ted", an excellent comedy program you can still get on Netflix.

Sounds good mind sharing your recipe?

Sure, I have it posted up if you search Badfish IIPA but heres the recipe anyway.....

OG - 1.096
FG - 1.016 using candi sugar
- 1.014 using cane sugar
ABV - 10.7-10.9%
IBU - 67.6
Batch size - 6 gal
Yeast - 2 packs US 05

Grain Bill

Single Infusion Mash at 155 for 60 minutes

18# 2row
2# Crystal 40
.5# Carapils
.5# White wheat

Boil

1 oz Simcoe 60 min
1# clear liquid candi sugar or 1# cane sugar if you like a drier IPA 30 min
2 oz Centennial 15 min
Irish Moss
1 oz Citra 10 min
1 oz Amarillo 10 min
1 oz Citra 5 min
1 oz Amarillo 5 min
1 oz Citra Flameout
1 oz Amarillo Flameout

Fermentation
Ferment at 65 for 17-21 days before adding dry hop addition
Dry Hop - 1 oz Citra & 2 oz Amarillo for 7-10 days

Brew it, its incredible. I shared one with the Head Brewer from Blue Point Brewing and he was damn impressed. I also served this at a recent brew festival and had a lot of people coming back for more instead of drinking the 150+ other beers available at the tasting. Enjoy :mug:

The last beer I brewed, 1st partial mash, American pale, hop bursted with amarillo and citra. I even got 1st place at a local homebrew competition out of 50 other beers. The bad news is I only have 1 bomber left.

I made an extract honey cream ale way back when.(It used honey in the boil, but not sure why I named it a honey cream)
It was the first time I actually shared a 6 pack with anyone (this guy was the first person to ask for some)
Anyways, my notes say that at bottling time, it wasn't very tasty, and I recall not liking it after a few weeks of carbing,
but it was the only beer I had ready when my coworker asked if he could have some. apparently, an extra month in the bottle fixed it,
and we both agreed it was delicious!

Have not been able to repeat brew, even though I have the recipe written down. sigh.
I've made drinkable beers, but that one was very notable. And at least one non-brewer knows that homebrew can be great.

Ditto. I like an IPA/DIPA that's on the sweeter side and it seems the only way to get it is to brew it yourself. Every commercial I have tried lately has been way too dry for my taste.

I agree and I have to say this one does it for me. Between the high mash temp and the liquid candi sugar it rounds the beers flavor out better and gives more of a backbone behind the hops adding to the complexity.

i have to change mine, i just made an oktoberfest for a friends wedding called herr that was awesome!

My best so far is the Oktoberfest I made last March. Creatively lagered by moving the fermenter around my garage. Finally opened a bottle around the same time they were tapping the kegs in Munich.

Next year it's going to be better. Decocted, and I'm going with 70% Munich, 30% Vienna this time. The current batch used 30% 2-row because that's what I had.

This July I brewed a 90/- Scottish ale kit from Northern Brewer that turned out to be my best beer yet. I've only been brewing since January - 8 all-grain batches - and this was the first time I pitched more than just a smack pack - I pitched two. I was also meticulous about changing out the ice in the swamp cooler, and I think it shows. When I loved the hydrometer sample after bottling, I knew this was going to be special. I don't have a ton of commercial examples to compare it to, but it turned out a beautiful dark amber to red color with a perfect head. The taste is clean, malty, with a hint of smokiness from the yeast - no peated or smoked malt was used.

(The image was from bottling day, thus no head.)

image-2819932464.jpg

Bottled my first CDA/Black IPA (also first full size all grain!) on Friday after 3 weeks primary. I can't effing wait. Everyone so far has liked my extra pale 2 gal extract batch, hybrid pale wheat, and most recently, my second 5 gal. batch ever which I call Cinnister Punkin Ale.

Used AHS Amer. Brown Ale session series (cuz I needed homebrew while waiting for the CDA!), but added some unspiced and 1 large can pumpkin pie filling. Added an extra teaspoon of cinnamon at 5 min left in boil for a kick and next time will add some to secondary. Still can't believe the turnaround time. 10 days tops primary, and like another 10 to carb. Carbed well for such little time due to a slight over-prime. Main bullet-point of this story is, if I make beer better than this, I will always be a happy man. And so will my family and friends!

Next up, American Black Wheat. Harvester of Sorrow Black Wheat or BuckWheat Black Wheat? Inappropriate labels?

harvester.jpg

buckwheat.jpg

CinnPunk.jpg

Got to be a nut brown ale. I love Sam smith's nut brown and this one is right up there. Thanks Lil Sparkey.:mug:

Brewery's Best Summer Ale. Every time I pop one I.make my wife taste it and say, "that's a good beer, huh?"

I even told the guys that I usually bring beers to that I wasn't bringing them any because it was too good.

Out of the 10 or so brewer's best kits I've done the Summer Ale was the biggest hit with friends. I liked it so much myself I've been playing with the ingredients a tad to get my own version going

Out of the 10 or so brewer's best kits I've done the Summer Ale was the biggest hit with friends. I liked it so much myself I've been playing with the ingredients a tad to get my own version going

So is your version an all grain or extract version? If it is an all grain would you mind sending me or posting the recipe? I enjoy drinking summer ales all the year round.

So is your version an all grain or extract version? If it is an all grain would you mind sending me or posting the recipe? I enjoy drinking summer ales all the year round.

brewer's best kits are extracts... so I stuck with that idea.

I don't have a tun or any type of setup to do all grain. I used a different Briess malt extract in both than what came in the kit box.

Easily, Tasty McDole's Janet's Brown Ale that I have on tap right now. It has everything I want in a beer and the flavors keep melding together with every pull. I better get a head start and brew up another batch of this ASAP.

The Black IPA I just made I wanted to slap my face it was so delicious without carbonation! Dang bottles got to wait for carbonation.

my last extract batch was a barleywine, it is fantastic. I've also got a nice, simple american stout on tap that is one of my favorites.

danorocks17 said:
my last extract batch was a barleywine, it is fantastic. I've also got a nice, simple american stout on tap that is one of my favorites.

I never even thought about doing a barelywine with extract, mind sharing the recipe?

Back