What happened to Genesee Cream Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby_Brew

Reaction score
I can't find my only favorite "commercial beer" in stores anymore!!! They tell me Genny got bought out by Budweiser or something like that. Is it going to come back? Pleeeease?

Nothing, I'ts on tap at my local for $1.25 a pint.

and I saw a six pack at the gas station the other day.

Well I just got it back in my area (but not all the stores, just one so far). It took them more then 6 months. It got a new label, a throw-back to a historical label from years ago (I think it sucks). I hope it is the same beer, I still can't find any Genesee Bock, but I'm asking for it.

Genesee%20Crm%20Ale.JPG

My friends dad wants me to brew a clone of this...anyone know of a solid recipe? It seems like a northeast coast thing...making it impossible to find in the southernmost point.

My friends dad wants me to brew a clone of this...anyone know of a solid recipe?.
I'm just shooting in the dark here, I never tried to clone it, but my first guess would be like this:

10% Munich
30% Flaked Rice/Flaked Maze
60% 2-row or 2 and 6 row mix.

yeast: American Lager, fermented mostly high, about 60-62F
Hops Hallertau, IBU is low, my guess is about 15-17
ABV is 5%, so OG must be about 1.048
FG must be low, they mention on the website they do krausening, wich makes the beer finish with a low FG.

I'm rolling up a fattie of meatloaf as soon as I finish my degree.

But I am getting side tracked we have gen here in ga at publix its not bad but more expensive then most are paying

I picked up a 30pack the other day onsale for $13.99 . It has a $4 mail in rebate also on the box

Sorry if I find it hard to have sympathy here TS.

Anyone want to guess how much a 6er of Descutes set me back yesterday? I'm in Vancouver, BC.

My friends dad wants me to brew a clone of this...anyone know of a solid recipe? It seems like a northeast coast thing...making it impossible to find in the southernmost point.

Not exactly a clone, but the cream of 3 crops recipe is similar and quite tasty. Here's a link: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/cream-three-crops-cream-ale-66503/.

Had a spring party yesterday (to celebrate the coming of summer as well as some birthdays) and I had 9 different home brews there. I brewed this up for the first time (as well as a few others) to have some easy to drink choices. This turned out quite tasty, and in fact I just had one a few minutes ago!

Cellarbrau said:
Sorry if I find it hard to have sympathy here TS.

Anyone want to guess how much a 6er of Descutes set me back yesterday? I'm in Vancouver, BC.

You wanna tell us? Whats it gonna be boy, yes or no?

We've got genesee bock and cream ale here in Dayton Ohio. We're selling 1/6 barrels for $35 at Belmont party supply.

We've got genesee bock and cream ale here in Dayton Ohio. We're selling 1/6 barrels for $35 at Belmont party supply.

Something like $40 for a quarter (pony keg), $60 for a half here in upstate NY. The best local place was selling the bock for $28 for a HALF KEG earlier this year (they get some overstock/special deals occasionally). I was so tempted, but already had corny kegs waiting impatiently for a spot in my keezer.

Man....brings back memories. My first really bad beer drunk was 30 years ago on 12 Genee pounders me and a buddy of mine found in the woods near my house. We figured it was a few of the local high school kids that stashed em there. At least it was early winter and they were cold.

Just picked up a sixer of genny cream ale in the stubby bottles. Darn bottles are twist offs, but the beer ain't bad. 5.25 for a sixer isn't such a great deal compared to what others are getting it for, but I guess cans are much cheaper

Back