What can be done with this chest freezer? (Specs inside)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmapp

Reaction score
Starting to investigate Craigslist for things I can use, either now, or down the road, and came across a chest freezer that I think would be useful.

The information provided is the following: Deep Freezer is 30 in. long, 24 in. wide, and 33 in. tall. Has about 8 Cubic feet of freezer space inside. 115 Volts, 2.5 Amps, 170 Watts.

Mainly curious as to what I can do with something like this. Better as a fermentation chamber, a keezer build, or something completely different?

I'd say keezer. Using chest freezers as fermentation chambers can be difficult. You have to lift the carboys over the edge and the slightest slip will be a disaster.

Id say keezer too.
Looking at your specs, i belive thats more around 3 or so cubic ft. No way its 8.

Id say keezer too.
Looking at your specs, i belive thats more around 3 or so cubic ft. No way its 8.

Yeah person seems to be in a rush to get rid of it, just copied their description. Asking $60 for it.

How many corny kegs could fit in there you think? No preference if I have the CO2 in or out of said freezer.

If tbe dimensions are right, probably 2 with a collar and the tank or some 6 packs.

Back