My Dog Broke Through the Screen...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
So I get a call this afternoon from some woman who says she has my dog. Pretty weird considering that my house is locked up. Turns out that she got freaked out by the thunderstorm, and since she couldn't go hide under the bed (the door was closed) she freaked out and broke through the window screen in the living room and ran, literally, 2 or 3 miles down a crowded 2-lane road. The lady said she was running down the middle of the road! I mean, this dog is so damn calm 99% of the time. She is the most chilled out dog you'll ever meet. We leave her out in the yard unattended and she doesn't go anywhere...much less breaking through screens!

So anyway, luckily our other dog (who WILL run and is very fast and hyper) for whatever reason didn't follow her out the window, and was safe and sound. Sadie is fine too, she didn't seem to know what was going on.

Anyone else's dogs go crazy during t-storms, fireworks, etc.?

our pitbull mix took a bite out of the wall when we left her in a spare bedroom

luckily we were going to paint that room anyway

My buddy's Weimeraner has been known to jump through windows...

My wife is a competitive dog trainer. They train the dogs to do obedience and what not while gun shots are fired randomly in the area. The dogs don't freak out at fireworks or thunder after that since it desensitizes them to the loud sounds.

My 80lb boxer came running back up the deck and through the screen door into the kitchen one night, and came to a skidding halt infront of the stove. it scared the piss out of all of us, of course we had company over and were all sitting around the kitchen table. I thought that there was going to be something chasing him back in to the house the way that he ran back in. Everyone just lost it and started laughing at him, meanwhile I am trying to yell at him and put him back out side, but he also bent the frame for the screen so I had to rip it out because it was jammed up in the tracks. pretty crazy night, since then he has been fine though, he has tried to walk through the screen but he won't run at it any more.

I used to love thunderstorms at nite, now with the three wimps we have (90lbs Golden, 70lbs Black lab mix, and 36 lbs beagle), those nites suck! They all want to be in the bed on top of us!

My dog has seperation anxiety. He's 8 years old now and doesn't freak as much as when he was younger but he has gone through 2 windows, a steel kennel (ate through it Alien style), 2 doors and destroyed 3 couches. Oh and he likes to chase deer when they are in our yard as he's blown an ACL chasing some too. (Thank god for pet insurance!)

Poor guy was abused as a pup and we rescued him. He's crazy but we love him!

Jeez...and I was pissed this morning at my dog for going out on my porch last night from the bedroom and rooting up a dead plant from one of my planters, bringing it in with the associated bundle of soil and spreading it around my bedroom floor.

My dog has ignored the thunder and lighting for the most part, doesn't seem to bother him. The vacuum cleaner though, thats another story.

Cougar, my male greyhound, is a spook. Last big wind storm, rather than hiding in my office he kept going outside in the downpour! I finally had to block the dog door so he couldn't go out.

Granted, the wind was so bad, I lost about 1/2 my older trees, including some that were almost three feet in diameter.

Back