propane burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGBrewer

Reaction score
I remeber seeing some links to propane burners that can be used for ag setup. Who knows where they are?

Just about any one will work there are ones that are more suited to homebrewing, i.e. sturdier stands, more BTU's. I belive that a popular one is the King Cooker. I just use a 142,000 btu turkey fryer.

Cheers

only thing i can recommend is to get a square base burner, not a ring base. many use keggles here, and they generally don't sit well on round burners. plus, i find the square burners to be more stable.

do you have an academy sports and outdoors near you?

the burner i have right now i bought at home depot, it is the bayou classic sq14, i believe.

you can also get the banjo burner off amazon for a decent price, depending if you need that much power.

I need burners to mount on a brewstand, someone posted a link that had a bunch but I cant find it

much obliged, but that leads to another question, how many btus to get ten gallons to boil in a keggle in how much time?

The more the better:D I use a standard turkey burner (142K Btu Max output) when I sparge out my Mash tun the wort runs out at around 170F, i will kick the burner on when the Keggle is about 1/4 full and it only takes about 5-15 min (depending on air temp) to get the boil rolling after the run off is done.

Pretty much the same here with those $10 burners I use. Even w/ 10 gals, I don't have to turn it all the way up. 5 gals boils too easy.

hmm... and I just ordered my banjo off amazon... oh well
say, is it an issue to do smaller batches with the banjo? Is it too much power for the little batches in otherwords?

you should be fine, the banjo should be pretty easy to throttle back with the regulator.

Latest posts

Back