Drying Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msppilot

Reaction score
I posted a question yesterday on how to dry the inside of tubing. After thinking about it, I came up with an idea and thought I would share it. What I did was use dental floss, a can of compressed air, and a paper towel. I used the cal of compressed air to blow the dental floss through the tubing and tied a piece of paper towel onto the other end. Once I blew the dental floss all the way through, I was able to pull the end with the paper towel through the tubing. It worked well.

If you're going to do that I'd suggest using some cloth like a piece of cheesecloth instead of a paper towel. I think you'd be less likely to get a piece of cloth stuck than a piece of paper towel. That said, most of us just rinse and sanitize it and let it dry on it's own.

I let mine air dry. I'm gonna rinse then sanitize before I use it...so what the hey? No infections yet....(knock on wood.)

Back