Second homebrewing life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppus_Poppatopolis

Reaction score
Greetings all! My first batch of brew in about 15 years is sitting beside me in the fermenter. It's an American amber ale and smells terrific.

Things have changed quite a bit since I last brewed. The information and quality ingredients and supplies that are now available are amazing.
After getting back into it and reading Brewing for Dummies and How to Brew I shudder at the crude techniques that I employed back in the day. Some of those brews were actually pretty good but a few of them found their way to the ocean.
I'm using a Whitbread Ale liquid yeast in this batch. Liquid cultures back then were practically unheard of in my small circle of brewing friends and of course there were no resources like HBT.

Recently my wife and I got into making Kombucha which, some of you may know, is a lacto-fermented tea. It's a wonderful thirst quencher on a hot day. That rekindled my interest in homebrewing and, well, here I am!

Back