Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad I was able to get into the city for pickup this time. It was great to meet everyone, and I sampled some fantastic beers. To whoever brewed that Zythos IPA, well done! First time I tried Zythos, and now am looking forward to putting the 2 lbs I picked up in the hops buy to good use! Thanks again to everyone involved!

I'm so glad I was able to get into the city for pickup this time. It was great to meet everyone, and I sampled some fantastic beers. To whoever brewed that Zythos IPA, well done! First time I tried Zythos, and now am looking forward to putting the 2 lbs I picked up in the hops buy to good use! Thanks again to everyone involved!

Thank you for the zythos compliment!

Hey Bill, I will be by late this morning to get my order. I don't have anything bottled at the moment, but I can bring a growler of my Summit/Zythos/Simcoe IPA if you are interested in sampling/sharing with others who come in today.

Hey Bill, I will be by late this morning to get my order. I don't have anything bottled at the moment, but I can bring a growler of my Summit/Zythos/Simcoe IPA if you are interested in sampling/sharing with others who come in today.

You're welcome to bring it for others but my liver needs a break today. Thanks

Hey Neopol,

Good to meet you and Trish today, however briefly... thanks again for carting my grain in from Chicago. That was a huge help and greatly appreciated. And thanks again to Bill for making it happen, and Ghoti for building a great tool to facilitate.

My pleasure, you are very welcome. Also thank you for the couple home brews, I was a bit brain dead by the time of day we met & I don't recall if you said what they were, they are marked with AS on the cap.

Bill, how's the overall depletion going, looked about 2/3 or better gone by the time we left..sorry we had to bail.

Nice meeting everyone I got to beer geek with and tasting some damn fine brews..and a few green ones (they will condition out to be good - been there too many times myself) patience grasshopper especially with low to no floc strains.

Dave

Trying to get to the city, but there's an accident on 90 and traffic is ridiculous. Hopefully I'll get there around 1:00.

did any one try the brews bt on them? I'm curious as to what you honestly thought

Bill, how's the overall depletion going, looked about 2/3 or better gone by the time we left..sorry we had to bail.

Nice meeting everyone I got to beer geek with and tasting some damn fine brews..and a few green ones (they will condition out to be good - been there too many times myself) patience grasshopper especially with low to no floc strains.

Dave

Dave you know how to hit a guy where it hurts, it's true, but still hutrs. Got any pictures of your dogs?

Mike, that wasn't directed at you brother... Your kitchen sink hopped apa was tastey, little suspended yeast, no big deal. Cold crash it, another thing I've learned is when I transport those low/no FLOC yeasts, the kegs bouncing around stir it all back up or out of suspension.

1000s of gallons in and I still let my lack of patience beat me from to time to time, and I'm certain others can say the same. 1056 is a pia though and does take patience to FLOC out, but I really like that little extra fruity flavor its known for. Cold crash.

Dog yes, in have actually posted them in the dogs thread, OK can reload or bump them up.

Mike, that wasn't directed at you brother... Your kitchen sink hopped apa was tastey, little suspended yeast, no big deal. Cold crash it, another thing I've learned is when I transport those low/no FLOC yeasts, the kegs bouncing around stir it all back up or out of suspension.

1000s of gallons in and I still let my lack of patience beat me from to time to time, and I'm certain others can say the same. 1056 is a pia though and does take patience to FLOC out, but I really like that little extra fruity flavor its known for. Cold crash.

Dog yes, in have actually posted them in the dogs thread, OK can reload or bump them up.

The suspended yeast is more than likely from the keg shaking during transportation.

Dave

The full sack piles are getting lower so that's good. It's the splits that are still taking up a lot of room.

If people can make it over this afternoon please do. I need my floor space back. Thanks.

Want to say thanks to everybody who made this happen, just picked up my stuff at ghoti's and can't wait to use it, though it seems to be 2 or 3 weeks out.....

**** everything about this day. Bill, I have the same people as last time coming to pickups for me.

did any one try the brews bt on them? I'm curious as to what you honestly thought

Glynn, I tried one of your beers and it was good. Not sure what you were trying to brew but it tasted like a pale ale. It was clean and well carbonated. I thought maybe mashing a slightly higher temperature would have given it a little more body; also, this was a low abv beer, right? If you had more hops especially late session it would be a pretty damn good ipa. As it is now it's a nice, clean easy drinking pale ale. Great color by the way. I plan on drinking the rest. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks to everybody who stopped by this weekend to pick up. We made a huge dent in the piles of grain. There are basically two empty pallets of full sacks. The rest will be consolidate on to other half full pallets. The splits were also picked up in great quantities. I will consolidate all of that onto one pallet. I would like to have all of this picked up between Monday and Saturday. Again the sooner the better. Also, thank you for the beer. I need to share with the guys who helped out again on this latest buy.

Made it to Ohio and made an offer on the house so it looks like this was my last group buy, it's bittersweet. That roggenbier I tried was great, first of that style I've tried. Also Bill be careful with the beers I left, they're all 10 to 14% and I just bottled the sour on Wednesday so it may need some time if it hasn't already been opened. Also if you ever have an opportunity to try JackieO's take advantage of it, I just tried an awesome sour rum barrel aged walnut stout.

Made it to Ohio and made an offer on the house so it looks like this was my last group buy, it's bittersweet. That roggenbier I tried was great, first of that style I've tried. Also Bill be careful with the beers I left, they're all 10 to 14% and I just bottled the sour on Wednesday so it may need some time if it hasn't already been opened. Also if you ever have an opportunity to try JackieO's take advantage of it, I just tried an awesome sour rum barrel aged walnut stout.

Drew, congratulations on finding a house but too bad we won't see you anymore in our group buys. But maybe you can start running your own buys in "way to go Ohio" (my apologies to the pretenders). I will heed your advice on those beers. Happy brewing in your new house.

Thanks to everybody who stopped by this weekend to pick up. We made a huge dent in the piles of grain. There are basically two empty pallets of full sacks. The rest will be consolidate on to other half full pallets. The splits were also picked up in great quantities. I will consolidate all of that onto one pallet. I would like to have all of this picked up between Monday and Saturday. Again the sooner the better. Also, thank you for the beer. I need to share with the guys who helped out again on this latest buy.

Unless I hear differently, I'll plan on being up there tomorrow around 11 and we can get another couple hundred pounds out of there. Thanks again!

Mike, the dogs I currently have are #204 and #455 in the dogs thread. Two given up in divorce custody, 1 Neopolitan and 1 English mastiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back