brew stand design???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy2

Reaction score
I have a buddy willing to weld me up a brew stand. I need to provide him measurements. I would like a brew tree design like Lil sparkys.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/3-tier-tree-sculpture-plans-27324/

Would this design work (with Lil Sparkys measurements)??

Top Shelf--- HLT (aprox 5 gal pot)
Middle Shelf-- a 48qrt rectangle cooler MLT
Bottom----- 15gal pot as the BK

ALL gravity fed as I dont want to mess with pumps.

I will be doing 5 gal batches.

:mug:

The overall height is going to depend on the size of your pots. Take the vessels and burners to your welder. One thing I would do is offset the hlt and bk so they are not directly over each other, having the bk closer to you.

I would do the height of each to accommodate whatever type of pots you see yourself using in the future. Otherwise you will be kicking yourself later.

This is probably not a problem but when I look at these builds I always wonder what keeps any debris out of the kettle?

What are you using for your burner? If you are using a turkey fryer you can change your design to a 2 stand for your mlt and hlt while placing the turkey fryer on the ground. This saves a few bucks in the design that you can use for other gadgets like a stir plate.

I was going to use burners without getting the stand. As far as tubing? not sure what you mean.....

Not sure yet, have to see what my buddy has....its for free so I cant be picky...LOL! either one of those I am sure he will use....

Not sure yet, have to see what my buddy has....its for free so I cant be picky...LOL! either one of those I am sure he will use....

I'm just curious since I'm looking at a build as well and it seems like some people are going with 2" which seems like overkill to me but then again I don't know metal working.

Latest posts

Back