Belgian Strong Golden Ale - Fermentation Schedule?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive only used yeast at bottling after lengthy secondaries (6 months +) I always get good carbonation without it. But you could use any yeast. 1/2 a teaspoon of dry ale yeast, rehydrated in water and added to the bottling bucket.
Did you drink the sample I gave you ?

Hey Bru - now I know who you are :mug:

Yes, I did taste yours, fabulous it was. I chilled it for 2 days, then drank all 750ml's myself. I noticed little to no hop aroma (which I am also aiming for), and good carbonation, a very nice white fluffy head. I did taste some of the alcohol early in the sip, and I definately felt the alcohol about an hour after finishing the bottle. i thought the flavours were delicate, and nothing (except the alcohol burn) was in your face for very long.

I really liked it, and would be happy to finish whatever else you have left :)

UPDATE:

I took a sample yesterday for Quality Assurance purposes, and took a hydro reading just in case.

The BGSA is now sitting at 1.003 / 1.002 !!!!, this is after I tapped out two 750ml bottles of yeast and trub.

So I now have a 11.6% Belgian Golden STRONG Ale (about 39 Litres worth) sitting in the conical, just waiting to be enjoyed.

Its been almost 2 months since I brewed it up, its been in secondary for 3 weeks. I am thinking of bottling 2 x 330mls for tasting. Is this way too soon for the peak of this brew, or would it be fine to bottle the whole lot up now and let it sit, and sneak a few bottles out here and there.

So far, no HOT alcohol, no burn, just a warm throat about 2 seconds after you swallow.

Om nom nom.

I would secondary for another 3 weeks or so if you can wait. Then bottle that baby and do your very best to wait it out. Maybe sample 1 bottle every month for the first 4 months. Then determine if you can wait some more or if you just gotta have it.

I have a Tripel (7% w/ WY 3787) that was brewed 5 months ago and it has just undergone a great transition between months 3 and 5. I don't think it's peaked yet even though I am tempted to drink it all up. More waiting...

My BGSA was amazing at like 9 months but just continued to improve until I drank the last bottle. Be patient, this beer will probably age well for years.

I can wait, and that's 2 solid posts in a row saying WAIT WAIT WAIT :)

I'll secondary it for another 3 weeks, no problem, then bottle em up, cellar em, and try one or two every month. I might have to brew it again soon, so I can have some more by the time i finish the first batch!

...I might have to brew it again soon, so I can have some more by the time i finish the first batch!

Exactly. I have another Tripel in the lineup. This one a little different but with same yeast. It's first off the bench to the on-deck circle.

Back