Tightening a pin lock QD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chap

Reaction score
Can pin lock QD's be tightened? If so how? The CO2 side on one of my kegconnections hoses leaks. Thought I had connected correctly but the slightest movement of the hose and I can hear leaking.

thanks,

This is an occasional issue with pinlock kegs. I think the #111 oring size is just a touch too small for the pinlock. #112 is too big. #111 in silicone seems to work though.

If you want to experiment, a metric 2.4mmx11.3mmx16.1mm oring is a touch larger than the #111 in all directions.

This is an occasional issue with pinlock kegs. I think the #111 oring size is just a touch too small for the pinlock. #112 is too big. #111 in silicone seems to work though.

If you want to experiment, a metric 2.4mmx11.3mmx16.1mm oring is a touch larger than the #111 in all directions.

I just ordered a bag of 50 #111 silicone from http://www.oringsandmore.com was around 5 bucks shipped (saw that site posted by you in a recent thread Bobby).... can't beat the price

Thanks folks. I will look into the o-rings. Kind of sucks, the system is only 3 weeks old!

Seems like a call to kegconnections is what is required. Why spend money on something they should take care of? Pretty sure they will send you what you need.

Seems like a call to kegconnections is what is required. Why spend money on something they should take care of? Pretty sure they will send you what you need.

Oh I totally agree, I'm not buying anything until I talk to Kegconnections. I was just hoping it was a quick and easy adjustment.

Thanks

Back