3 Gal MO recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethlovex

Reaction score
5 lb MO
0.5 lb toasted oats

Mash at 155 for 60 min

.25 oz chinook (aa 14.2)@60
.5 oz Amarillo (aa 10) @ 15
.5 oz cascade (aa 8) @ 5

Should I toast some MO (<1lb) to give the flavors a little depth?

I am trying a new BIAB technique where I will mash in a cooler to better hold temp. I was planning on dunk sparging in my Bk before adding the wort from the MT. Anyone else tried something similar? Can't seem to find any threads with info

Maris Otter is great stuff.

Are you trying for a Bitter? What style are you targeting. This sounds like a nice, easy, sublime brew.

If you are going for a bitter, google "first-wort hops".

...try to edit your thread title to match what you intended recipe is, say "New recipe for Simple English Bitter" and the threads at the bottom of the page will be related - you can then find more info easily on your own.

Example: My Bitter

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Brewed this yesterday, hit my target OG and 73% eff. Cooled the wort in the snow, and added to my carboy. Everything went great until my carboy cracked and lost the whole batch.....BS

Brewed this yesterday, hit my target OG and 73% eff. Cooled the wort in the snow, and added to my carboy. Everything went great until my carboy cracked and lost the whole batch.....BS

Damn!

How did it crack? ...just sitting there?

Where were you working? That sounds incredibly messy.

Bummer man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully no one was hurt? You might want to consider replacing that broken carboy with plastic of some sort instead (buckets or Better Bottles). ;)

No one was hurt, just my pride. I think the carboy was sanitized with really low temp water from my basement spigot, so even though I cooled the wort maybe the differential was too great? The car boy was a hand me down so maybe here was a micro crack or something, oh well I still have two fivers filled with ipa and mead

Back